P3P Video but doesn't look like great quality?

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, I shot my first video that wasn't at my house and the quality doesn't look very good to me. I shot it in 4k and converted it to 1080P however the 4K video doesn't look any better when viewing on a computer. I know the video card and monitor dictates how it looks. I've uploaded to YouTube and streamed it to my HD TV in 1080P and it just looks like crap. I was wondering what other's thoughts are? Here is a link to the video, it's 9 minutes long and boring, I just wanted to show what I'm talking about. Also, would the ND filters help clear it up?

Thanks in advanced for your opinions!

That video is 720. At least that is the max I see when you click the HQ icon. Looks fine on an android phone.

Looks like you recorded that at dusk .my advanced on 2.7k looks rubbish as it gets dark.looks brilliant in daytime.
I use nd filters too but even going to manual doesn't make much difference .it goes a bit grained.
I think that's all you could do.

Hey guys and girls, I shot my first video that wasn't at my house and the quality doesn't look very good to me. I shot it in 4k and converted it to 1080P however the 4K video doesn't look any better when viewing on a computer. I know the video card and monitor dictates how it looks. I've uploaded to YouTube and streamed it to my HD TV in 1080P and it just looks like crap. I was wondering what other's thoughts are? Here is a link to the video, it's 9 minutes long and boring, I just wanted to show what I'm talking about. Also, would the ND filters help clear it up?

Thanks in advanced for your opinions!
Looks like it was getting dark out, maybe shutter speed was to fast (it should be double your fps, so if your shooting 4K at 24 fps then shutter speed should be 1/50th) - this just looks like an underexposure issue

Suggest shooting during daylight hours, and look on youtube for "toms tech" and phantom3 settings for video -

he has other informative tutorials as well you might find useful! and yes you will want nd filters, they are all over ebay! Polar Pro, Taco, etc but you will need this to keep your shutter speed down at 1/50

What time of day was this, and what settings were you using? The whole video seems to be under exposed by a couple of stops. judging from the lights showing in the video, I imagine this an evening video and your camera would be choosing a fast ISO setting, which is going to severely affect the quality.
ND filters are only useful in bright conditions, when they will slow your shutter speed...using them in dull conditions is not going to help.

Reactions: Sinisalo
This was shot in the evening about 30 minutes before sunset. It only showed 720p from the YouTube options earlier because I had just uploaded it. For some reason you have to wait a little while after uploading to YouTube before it will give you the higher resolution options. It looks just as bad though in 1080p as it does in 720p. I will have to figure out how to adjust the ISO settings y'all are talking about and see how that affects it. This is all new to me so I don't know anything regarding how things should be set. I will figure it all out eventually. lol. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl