Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional P3p loss signal and disconnected thank god for rth

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by LamboH, Feb 24, 2016.

1. LamboH

Took my p3p for casual spin today. Took her up to 390 ft and at about 6500ft out my video was getting splotchy . So turned her around and was showing my neighbor the RTH FEATURE. Next thing u know the iPad mini 2 screen blacks out and I see that it's no longer connected through the app . Start to freak out a little and continue to hit rth. 5 minutes past nothing . My neighbor says the rth really works?? I said of course , brb going get a cigarette( bit ashamed ) run to my back yard . Power of the RC and app still no dice. Silk says disconnected. . 10 minutes past and out of nowhere I hear her 390 ft up (rth fail safe height) and she begins to land . I was able to yaw and slow the decent (throttle up) and hand catch , she landed about 10 ft from takeoff . Weird super hair raising and my remote is still disconnected.might need to bind the RC again

Attached Files:

2. LamboH

Going back and watching the footage. It appeared that I had control of yaw and gimbal maybe also -The whole time during rth. Still a freak out moment to hit rth and everything blacks out and u see that disconnected screen. Glad she came back and now she's back connected tot the RC...

The rth beep beep -beep beep and the blank screen with DISCONNECTED is what killed me and so nerve wrecking . So glad she came back home but why must it gotta be so nerve wrecking !

#2 LamboH, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  3. arizeda

Glad to here you got it back. Wonder what went erong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. LamboH

5. RodPad

If you got RTH questions this has been busy, My knowledge is only on the P2V+ and P3S

Best Method to RTH?

6. LamboH

I think the app crashed and I lost connection after I engaged rth. Even tho not visible on app it still came back thank God . Flew another battery and no ill effects. Going fly another with my polar pro led lights for a night run

7. Prowler

Need to get a Flytrex. It takes out the anxiety. You just look at the app and know where you Phantom is.

LamboH likes this.