It took 2 minutes and 40 sec. to initiate RTH.

It also happened to me recently (but also in the past) to have a sudden, unexpected anomaly with one of my Samsung and Huawei (and sometimes also with others low cost Chinese) tablets during the flight, perhaps more often during the RTH.
Sudden short uncertainty of the live video (perhaps due to a channel self-switching), but, the most annoying and risky, the reboot of the Android device.
I think it's a problem (bug) related to the connection via USB, but also inspect the cable, must have perfect and clean connectors with a perfect stabilty when inserted, not always are well made and is notorious they create problems, must be certified for DATA.

To try to avoid the reboot, I strongly recommend activating the Developer Mode in Android's SETTINGS and, once activated, the new 'Developer options' item appears.

In this long list of options (which can be deactivated/activated with the first switch on top ON OFF, but obviously in this case must remain ON), check 'USB debugging', make sure that 'USB configuration' has selected MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and leave everything else as it is.
I do not guarantee that this can always avoid the involuntary reboot of Android, but it is likely to solve it.

Furthermore for years, I never let my DJI drones fly without having at least one second Android tablet turned on in standby, ready to replace the first one in case of need.
I always have a third Android smartphone with me that can be started quickly.
Redundancy always.
These devices are used exclusively as monitors for flight apps, have very few apps installed, the bare essentials and are always in Airplane mode, disconnected from any network.

• If you don't know how to activate the Android Developer mode, please search with Google, it's very easy, there are also videos on YouTube •
Thank you for the helpful advice. It's great to hear from people like you.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl