P3P Indoor constantly drifting to the right

Reaction score
Guys & Gals,

This week I tried to fly the P3P indoors (in a large church with permission) for the first time. The main problem was that the bird could not hold a stable position. It was constantly drifting to the right and i had to constantly compensate it by pushing the stick left. I would have thought the VPS should have taken care of this? I am still running FW1.2.6 as I am not sure if I should upgrade to the next FW yet due to commitments I have coming up using the bird. Throughout the flight it was always in P-OPTI therefore I assumed that the VPS will take care of the drift. Now the question is. Has it been confirmed that the latest FW is more stable indoors using VPS?

Guys & Gals,

This week I tried to fly the P3P indoors (in a large church with permission) for the first time. The main problem was that the bird could not hold a stable position. It was constantly drifting to the right and i had to constantly compensate it by pushing the stick left. I would have thought the VPS should have taken care of this? I am still running FW1.2.6 as I am not sure if I should upgrade to the next FW yet due to commitments I have coming up using the bird. Throughout the flight it was always in P-OPTI therefore I assumed that the VPS will take care of the drift. Now the question is. Has it been confirmed that the latest FW is more stable indoors using VPS?
Be sure there are very well defined patterns the VPS can "see", and it helps if there is enough light to make those patterns distinguishable from all angles.

Vps is very hit and miss. I've recently just flown inside an 800 year old cathedral and you'll find with indoor flying you just have to keep the stick movements very gentle and you will be doing a lot of over correcting. Most of my shots were up at about 100 ft inside so vps wouldn't work anyway but even on the lower shots I found it completely useless. My tip would be to pretend it isn't a working feature and just concentrate on your flying. Did you have fun flying inside the church? It was my favourite flight in years. I'll be posting the video in an hour or 2

Last edited:
It was interesting to say the least I quite enjoyed it cause I felt like I was actually flying it and not it flying its self. The only issue was that I needed to see what I'm shooting since this was done for a customer. So I had another person watching the screen telling me what to do while I concentrate on flying. The flight was inside the Gozo Cathedral.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Yeah I Brought a spotter in the first day but after an hour or 2 flying I went back on my own. Been flying a good while so it didn't bother me as much but the initial idea of doing it with 800 year old works of art around me got me worried but as soon as I was flying I was in my element.
Here's mine

Yeah I Brought a spotter in the first day but after an hour or 2 flying I went back on my own. Been flying a good while so it didn't bother me as much but the initial idea of doing it with 800 year old works of art around me got me worried but as soon as I was flying I was in my element.
Here's mine

The final cut is awesome brother. I am so impressed. Any problems with me posting it to my FB page? I want to share this with everyone.

Great stuff, Mal. My family and I visited that cathedral a couple years ago - it is gorgeous.
Thanks man. I've spent so much time in there over the last few months from planning filming and getting the final video together and I have to say it's the most amazing building I've been in. I've a few hours of footage and evertime I go through it I find something new. The curator was there one time when I was flying and a big plume of dust from way up high went all over the place and it really hit me when he said "up there has never been dusted, that's 800 year old dust right there" ;)

Reactions: SENC
Yours is a stunningly beautiful country, and full of some great people. We were in Dublin for a couple of days then spent a little over a week slowly moving up the eastern coast, mostly in the countryside. Enjoyed some falconry, horseback riding, fishing, hiking, and checking out cool historic sites. An amazing place - hope to get back one day and see southern and western sections of Ireland.

one time when I was flying and a big plume of dust from way up high went all over the place and it really hit me when he said "up there has never been dusted, that's 800 year old dust right there" ;)
Photography, roof and chimney inspections .... and now cathedral dusting.
There's a drone business opportunity I hadn't thought of before.

Yours is a stunningly beautiful country, and full of some great people. We were in Dublin for a couple of days then spent a little over a week slowly moving up the eastern coast, mostly in the countryside. Enjoyed some falconry, horseback riding, fishing, hiking, and checking out cool historic sites. An amazing place - hope to get back one day and see southern and western sections of Ireland.
Well if you do decide to come back just give me some notice and I'll show you around mate

Reactions: SENC
Here's the making of
Great flying mate:):)-- and a great video-- wish I were that good-- and you had the prop guards on for all those out there who say you don't need them. Did you get close enough to bump anything? Cheers

Great flying mate:):)-- and a great video-- wish I were that good-- and you had the prop guards on for all those out there who say you don't need them. Did you get close enough to bump anything? Cheers
3 years flying and never used prop guards but bought them especially for that gig. I wasn't worried about the phantom but more about my props chewing up one of the flags which one is 630 years old. I had one or 2 close calls but I fly on the edge anyway but the prop guards never bumped a thing but was still glad I got them for peace of mind

3 years flying and never used prop guards but bought them especially for that gig. I wasn't worried about the phantom but more about my props chewing up one of the flags which one is 630 years old. I had one or 2 close calls but I fly on the edge anyway but the prop guards never bumped a thing but was still glad I got them for peace of mind
great-- I fly around trees some and those prop guards have saved my props a couple of times. They just bump the tree and bounce off. I take them off when I am in the open. They do have a purpose, especially on shots like this one. Don't be bashful about posting your work-- you have some awesome places in the old country. :):)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24