P3P flight distance

Reaction score
I am newer to the drones, but a p3p is advertised to fly 3 miles. i can only get mine to about 1900-2000ft before the remote starts to loose signal and the camera signal becomes weak. I have the antennas on the remote straight up, if i angle them out a little i loose signal faster. Im flying in an open corn field. Im sure this is kind of a dumb question but im curious if i am doing something wrong. All software is current. Thanks in advance!

Three miles is if EVERYTHING is perfect. Clear line of sight between the controller and the aircraft, no obstructions, no radio interference, and perfect atmospherics. Picture middle of nowhere, on a hillside overlooking a valley, no radio towers, now you have a shot. But more likely you will need added equipment to extend the radio signal between the craft and the controller. Lots of people on here are good at going for distance, I'm not one of them. I can't see three miles away no matter how many carrots I eat.

Reactions: fletchermcginty
Three miles is if EVERYTHING is perfect. Clear line of sight between the controller and the aircraft, no obstructions, no radio interference, and perfect atmospherics. Picture middle of nowhere, on a hillside overlooking a valley, no radio towers, now you have a shot. But more likely you will need added equipment to extend the radio signal between the craft and the controller. Lots of people on here are good at going for distance, I'm not one of them. I can't see three miles away no matter how many carrots I eat.
Thank you for the clarification sir! I dont want to go 3 miles away either, but i do some ag equipment pictures and some of the long fields i cant make it all the way down. I appreciate the help!

Buy windsurfer antennae boosters. It slips down over your existing antennae. I have P3P also and with windsurfer can get 2 plus miles. Twenty bucks on Amazon.com!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: fletchermcginty
I am newer to the drones, but a p3p is advertised to fly 3 miles. i can only get mine to about 1900-2000ft before the remote starts to loose signal and the camera signal becomes weak. I have the antennas on the remote straight up, if i angle them out a little i loose signal faster. Im flying in an open corn field. Im sure this is kind of a dumb question but im curious if i am doing something wrong. All software is current. Thanks in advance!

I have a P3s and I have pimped Argtek on it to go 1.77 miles. I am wanting to get a p3p now since the price has came down, wondering how far in real life have your p3p gone. Or may be I just keep my p3s.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl