Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3p drifting while hovering

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by mike22222, Jun 28, 2015.

1. mike22222

I noticed my P3P drifting pretty bad while hovering 4 feet off the ground today. I would move left and right slowly and it would move forward about 10 feet.
    I may have found a fix for behavior.
    I powered down the phantom and powered down the remote and Pilot app.
    I then just powered on the remote and Pilot app and proceeded to calibrate the remote.
    When I powered up phantom and hovered again it was rock solid.
    This same thing happened to me when I updated to the current firmware. After a stick calibration the hover
    was solid again.
    Hope this helps someone with the same problem.

2. Linus

Thanks will have to give it a try. I had the same problem yesterday and it just started.

AbsPapa likes this.
  3. Stephan

I did the same thing about a week back, but the issue has come back. Busy discussing with DJI presently. Will update if they give any real solution.

I should do it again in the mean time. I have loads of errors, so did not want to fix them temporarily.

AbsPapa likes this.
  4. Kipster1203

First flight after update, mine started drifting towards me with no commands and a solid GPS lock.
    I will give this a shot when I get home and it will hopefully resolve it!

5. JIM MILLER

Thanks, I'll have to try this. after installing the new firmware in my P3 pro, it won't stay in hover mode at one position, but instead veers right or left almost uncontrollably. I recalibrated the IMU on a level surface. Recalibrating everything including RC. to see if this fixes the problem. Could my compass be malfunctioning, and wouldn't that show up in the Go app?

6. cgraham289

Did you calibrate the compass in an open area away from phones,metal etc.. P3 compass is more sensitive I have learnt an a calibration away from everything including houses fixed any problems I had . An check comp mod is around 1500 after calibration

JIM MILLER likes this.
  7. JIM MILLER

As a matter of fact, I was going to try this tomorrow. I am near houses, had my phone nearby, and my truck was fairly close. Thanks.