P3P Continues in direction of travel!

May need RC (stick) calibration. Center stick might not be zero. Could be stuck stick too where it has just a bit of positive but when you reverse, you clear the stuck slight stick position.

Calibration was not the problem - the sticks were returning 1024 at center.

Another curious item after powerup prior to takeoff homepoint set gps flight ok homepoint set then display showed d fluctuate from 0 to 3' back to about 1.5 before takeoff

Drifted as much as 5' before I reversed direction

OK, so your complaint is about the accuracy of its positional hold, not whether it was trying to hold position. But that is still not what is reflected in the data.

The plot below shows the position of the aircraft in x and y coordinates (meters) over the period from 53 - 114 s during which there was no elevator or aileron stick input. The blue segment is the subset of that from when it slowed to a stop (55.8 s) to when stick input (elevator) was reapplied (113.6 s). There is no systematic drift according to the GPS data - rms deviation from mean position (0,0) is 0.35 m (y) and 0.49 m (x), maximum deviation from mean less than 1 m in both x and y, and distance from initial position when you reapplied elevator at 113.6 was 25 cm. If the GPS data are correct you did not stop it from drifting by stick input - your stick input caused it to depart bottom center as indicated by the exit arrow.

What were the wind conditions during this flight?

Graph_02.png

Reactions: RodPad
In flight from Airdata shows 9.8 with gusts to 13.5 certainly did not seem to be that bad. Most of my concern comes from the fact that this is a new situation for this drone previously released sticks stopped almost instantly here not so seems like this is just me overthinking. I'll fly this weekend and be more cognizant and repost if necessary.

Thanks for all the helpful input!

Reactions: RodPad and sar104

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94