P3A video now lagging badly...why?

Reaction score
No wrecks, no issues, nothing. Haven't flown in about a month and now my P3A video is lagging, like 4-5 second lag. I've tried different Cables, did an IMU calibration....didn't help. I am flying right now with an SD card in as I have misplaced my card. That is the o let dofference....would that make any difference?

I've never upgraded firmware on anything....had my P3A since October 2016. I'm going to upgrade firmware as maybe that will fix the issue. Been using the same iPhone 6s....never an issue before.

Using iOS 10.3.1

I would hold off a bit on doing any firmware upgrades. If it has been working, something else must have changed. Are you sure that Apple didn't do an automatic update on your iOS firmware?

Same thing happened to me. + 1 on no firmware. I updated the GO app and all was well. I also, to my knowlegde had not updated anything.

I have iPhone updated to most recent iOS...10.3.1. Very frustrating, not safe to fly with this much video lag. DJI app is updated as well. Even When using Litchi it does the same thing

The **** thing is basically unusable. Can fly around right in front of me but I expect better after dropping $800 on this. Has worked perfectly since October now this.....wtf

Could be an Apple thing and DJI is still working on an update for it
Give DJI time
DJI isn't going to do anything for this situation when the craft is running old firmware. Daytonlawvol, I presume what happened to you was your iPhone updated iOS since the last time you flew, and this introduced a problem into DJI's video decoding. Have you enabled hardware decoding in the new Go App you downloaded? If yes, then you're only alternative may be to update your craft with the latest firmware, so it matches the latest GoApp you downloaded. You may also need new RC firmware too, to match the craft firmware. The Go App should tell you what's needed and automatically update both craft and RC firmwares. This is exactly why I have my iPad set to not auto download iOS updates. I'm keeping it the same until the day I decide to update my P3P firmware, and that's not happening until I have a good reason to upgrade it.

upload_2017-5-14_21-43-28.png

Last edited:
No wrecks, no issues, nothing. Haven't flown in about a month and now my P3A video is lagging, like 4-5 second lag. I've tried different Cables, did an IMU calibration....didn't help. I am flying right now with an SD card in as I have misplaced my card. That is the o let dofference....would that make any difference?

I've never upgraded firmware on anything....had my P3A since October 2016. I'm going to upgrade firmware as maybe that will fix the issue. Been using the same iPhone 6s....never an issue before.

Using iOS 10.3.1
Try this...

See the cables from below the aircraft connecting to gimbal, release it for a moment then reconnect it again, then turn on your aircraft, remote controller & your smartphone...

Disconnected the cable and reconnected. Helped a little but still some lag. I did notice the lag is less when video is in manual mode and much worse in auto mode. I will try firmware update tomorroe

I had exactly this issue with my P3A and iPhone 6 Plus. Both with the latest firmware and iOS. Turned out to be as simple as my phones internal storage being about 3/4 full caused the issue.

Any Windows users remember the swap file? Yeah? Well that's the cause right there - nothing to do with DJI or their current firmware it seems (not for me anyway).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20