p3a and ipad mini 2

GODFATHERPOM

The video I uploaded on on here if you go through to my profile you can see 2 or 3 other videos.
the video of the Mile end park is fantastic. can just see a go cart track at the far end..what sort of distance is this from you ? when you have finished your flight and are that far away from take off point can you press the RTH button or do you have to fly it back manually. i don't know if the RTH button is only for emergency's or if you can use it any time you want.

the video of the Mile end park is fantastic. can just see a go cart track at the far end..what sort of distance is this from you ? when you have finished your flight and are that far away from take off point can you press the RTH button or do you have to fly it back manually. i don't know if the RTH button is only for emergency's or if you can use it any time you want.

That was about half a mile see pic below.

I have been further away about 1mile and a bit but chicken out always lol, however slowly getting further and further as days go by.

RTH should only be used on emergency cases as its always better to fly back yourself, when on failsafe its not going to fly back as fast as you would fly back yourself, it fly's back at slower speed.

Also make sure you keep an eye on the battery percentage and when it hits 30% battery you should be back to close proximity and start landing, at 10% battery level the P3 will start descending on its own due to critical battery level and you will have no other option but to land wherever it is, so its always safe to be making sure to keep an eye on your battery percentage when flying, you will get a warning at 30%.

Wind has a big factor with battery level as the higher the wind speed the more the P3 has to fight to stabilize.

I use www.uavforecast.com and check windspeeds at different altitudes.

You can enter your area or postcode at top search bar and it will give you readings for different times and altitudes which you can set with the options.

Today I flew at winds of 18-22mph gusts and the P3 flew flawlessly however battery life was decreased to around 12-15 minutes per battery.

Its recommended to start preparing to land at 30% battery and you should have landed with atleast 17%-18% battery remaining, the batteries are intelligent batteries and not recommended to always go below 10%.

Attachments

• 1442088634732.jpg
    1442088634732.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Theres so many topics to cover.

If you are unsure about something then pm me and if I cant help then there are other members who are here to help.

Theres auto take off and auto land options too.

I used them options once which was the first time but have not used since.

Auto land is ok but a bit of a harsh landing personally.

just a couple more questions Del, i only have a ipad mini 2 wifi and a Samsung s5 phone. i want to use the ipad for FPV but i don't want to tether..what cant i do if i don't have the internet on the mini.
all i want to do is download the area map at home,go and fly but see my location moving on the screen in the little map in the corner. can this be done without internet on the mini ?. i don't want to be buying another ipad if i don't need to. question 2.. lets say i was 1/2 mile away and i turned round to fly back home and i lost my orientation and could not work out how to get back what would you do to get home..
i cant find the pm button Del... soz.

just a couple more questions Del, i only have a ipad mini 2 wifi and a Samsung s5 phone. i want to use the ipad for FPV but i don't want to tether..what cant i do if i don't have the internet on the mini.
all i want to do is download the area map at home,go and fly but see my location moving on the screen in the little map in the corner. can this be done without internet on the mini ?. i don't want to be buying another ipad if i don't need to. question 2.. lets say i was 1/2 mile away and i turned round to fly back home and i lost my orientation and could not work out how to get back what would you do to get home..
i cant find the pm button Del... soz.

You can sure do that, load/cache the map at home via wifi and then go to the park or wherever you decide to fly and still have the map come up in the little box.

If you get disorientated and the P3 is out of sight, you can use the map to see which way you are going (only if your familiar with the map/area/street name, I tend to do that when I fly lol, kind of like driving) or just press RTH, just make sure your set Home on the map is the position where you are standing with the controller.

It works fine, I always teather my Note 4 to my mini 2.

In fact I literally just walked in from flying the P3 using up 4 batteries while having my mini 2 teathered.

I have a cell version mini 2 but only use sim in the mini 2 when I fly abroad and buy data sim.

Any reason why you don't want to teather with your phone?

I believe if you cache map beforehand on DJI Go it keeps the maps when your out flying without being connected to cell.

I'm shopping for a table. My iPhone 5S only lasts about 45 minutes when I fly (the brightness is all the way up so that drains the battery quickly).

How long does the iPad Mini 2 last? (That's my front runner tablet right now)

mine will lasts ages if I take it out when its full, more than enough power for a day out flying. if you get a ipad mini 2 get yourself a quality anti glare screen cover on it. I have the 3m natural look anti glare on mine. works wonders to see the screen in bright conditions.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
+1

Also have the anti glare screen protector and dji sunshade hood for extreme conditions but living in the UK thats like 10 days in a year lol

Reactions: lotusteve
I only got my anti glare this morning so I had to go out and give it a go. I have been struggling to see the screen but with the anti glare fitted its a lot better now. money well spent. have you been out with yours today Del ?

I only got my anti glare this morning so I had to go out and give it a go. I have been struggling to see the screen but with the anti glare fitted its a lot better now. money well spent. have you been out with yours today Del ?

Anti glare worked good on my mini 2. With my iPad Air already having an anti glare screen it made it super dark. Now I use temped glass protector for my air 2.

Steve been lazy all day today lol

Today has been spent dozing off on the sofa all day.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl