P3A 3 mile range. Yay..Updated to 1.9.6... regret.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any solutions ? I am now trying my hand at 1.8. I'm lucky to get 2300 feet now on 1.9.6 where I was getting 2.88 miles just minutes before. Saw someone was able to downgrade from 1.8 to 1.7 and regain their range. Does anyone have the 1.7 zip or bin file ?

You won't be able to downgrade to 1.7, but you can find old firmware versions here.

You won't be able to downgrade to 1.7, but you can find old firmware versions here.

I clicked on V1.7 and it showed P3S. Any idea what that is?

Reactions: Digdat0
That's good to know. I'm surprised someone else hasn't made a mistake loading the wrong version since it's currently not labeled.

It's not possible to install the firmware for a different model.

Sorry we get 4.2km (4200m-12600feet) - even in UK!! - so nothing wrong with the firmware its a myth that it affects range - surrounding and rf noise conditions is what halts the range - plus its Totally stock not even a windsurfer! using 1.9.6 firmware no problem with range here... :)

It's not possible to install the firmware for a different model.

You are usually sharp on these subjects.

Someone downloads one of the firmware versions to take with him out in the field. After finding out that something is seriously wrong. He decides he wants to load the other version he had brought with him. This back up version will keep him from ruining his mission and being forced to return home.

You are usually sharp on these subjects.
I'm not sharp today? :D

Someone downloads one of the firmware versions to take with him out in the field. After finding out that something is seriously wrong. He decides he wants to load the other version he had brought with him. This back up version will keep him from ruining his mission and being forced to return home.
I'm not sure where this is heading. My point above is that it's impossible to load the wrong firmware as you mentioned above. It simply will not install.

As for downloading the wrong firmware, all I can do is point people to the proper download. If they choose to study the filename, assume it's wrong, and then go download the firmware for a different model because they like the filename better -- well, there is nothing I can do about that.

I can lead the horse to water, but I cannot make him drink ;)

I'm not sharp today? :D

I'm not sure where this is heading. My point above is that it's impossible to load the wrong firmware as you mentioned above. It simply will not install.

As for downloading the wrong firmware, all I can do is point people to the proper download. If they choose to study the filename, assume it's wrong, and then go download the firmware for a different model because they like the filename better -- well, there is nothing I can do about that.

I can lead the horse to water, but I cannot make him drink ;)

And my point was, there is more then one flavor of water. Just put a sign up telling the horse which flavor you are leading him to.

Hey guys I have down graded to 1.7 then to 1.8 back down to 1.7.funny thing when I did try to down grade it would not work!then tried a different battery!it down graded?tried to update batteries it will not up date?app tells me I need to up grade batts and cam and firmware also aircraft.i do not want the 1.9 to many esc errors reported I just replaced my mother board!i am on 1.7 and all seems fine!!??

Just put a sign up telling the horse which flavor you are leading him to.
Good idea. Where should those signs be placed in order to eliminate this confusion?

Good idea. Where should those signs be placed in order to eliminate this confusion?

Name the firmware something that will clue people in. I'm just spitballing but something like ThisFirmwareIsForPhantomAdvanced1.09.xxx. Perhaps FirmwareAdvanced1.09.xxx for short.

Course, DJI would need to fix the mess they started in naming the P3S 4k, just P3 4k. :(

I'm digging your spitballing. This one is out of my hands though. I wish I knew a decision maker at DJI.

Hey guys I have down graded to 1.7 then to 1.8 back down to 1.7.funny thing when I did try to down grade it would not work!then tried a different battery!it down graded?tried to update batteries it will not up date?app tells me I need to up grade batts and cam and firmware also aircraft.i do not want the 1.9 to many esc errors reported I just replaced my mother board!i am on 1.7 and all seems fine!!??
It would be neet to try downgrading to 1.6.4 with a different battery just to see if it will continue dropping by changing batteries. Nice find :)

It would be neet to try downgrading to 1.6.4 with a different battery just to see if it will continue dropping by changing batteries. Nice find :)
No it will not continue to down grade to lower firmware I have tried! It's seems to be bricked!but the fact of the matter!is that it did downgrade buy switching batter?? I don't get it!!??,?

No it will not continue to down grade to lower firmware I have tried! It's seems to be bricked!but the fact of the matter!is that it did downgrade buy switching batter?? I don't get it!!??,?
Wish it worked for me. I have 4 DJI batteries. One Mr Batt. None worked for downgrading. Maybe based on production date ?

Firmware Archive
*(P3A only)
v1.1.8
v1.1.9
v1.2.7
v1.2.8
v1.3.2
v1.4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads