p3 standard s2 switch???

Reaction score
I figured out what s1 does so what does s2 do and more simply how should I have it set for my first flight?

It's in the manual. Leave both switches at the top most position
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1453861204.057225.jpg

Good you figured it out. Took me some time. But here we go. S1 can link the remote to drone. And also activate the rth. But they prefer you do it in app. Keep in mind this also involves using the camera lever as well. S2 is for the different modes. As stated both should always start out in up position. So on s2. Up position is basically p mode or gps mode. This is when you get your satelites.
S2 middle position is atti mode when there is no gps available. Meaning with the gps it helps your bird hover and have stable position when windy or other rough conditions. No atti mode. You are flying it all yourself. It may sway or drift with wind slightly. But still hover.
Finally. s2 in bottom position is. Intellegent flight modes.
This is where you can activate follow me. Points of interest and way modes. Remember in intelligent flight mode the bird must be off the ground to activate. And if I remember correct with follow me you must be at least 15 meters high. Points of interest require you setting a radius of at least 5 meters from target. Meaning back up from it.
And way points require 5 meters between each point. It took me some time to understand all this. Practice is perfect. I'm still nervous using all this. Good luck. Hope you understand now. Remember up position both switches until you are used to everything.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

thanks for the help -I figured there was a manual out there but didn't know it was so extensive. I actually printed all 55 pages. One more question...I'm charging my controller through a usb on my computer. The green lights were flashing so I figured it was charging correctly but it went on for a long time so I looked and the transmitter was ON so I turned it off and now I just have a red light while charging. When I unplug the tx and turn it on I get 2 green lights -should I be getting 4? Be good to know that my controller was fully charged...

You will get 4 greens and one red when it's almost completely charged. The red light will turn green and the 4 lights will go out once it is completely charged.

Ok the controller is off and plugged into the usb and I'm getting a solid red light...no green ones until I turn it on -then I get 1 red 2 green and one blinking green...its been charging for hours but it was really low when I started...

Ok the controller is off and plugged into the usb and I'm getting a solid red light...no green ones until I turn it on -then I get 1 red 2 green and one blinking green...its been charging for hours but it was really low when I started...
I have my controller turned off when it's charging. While it is charging I have one red light, when it is finished I have one green light.

Tony you had it all correct except the one on the right for flight modes is labeled S1 and the upper left used for smart RTH is S2. Why S2 comes before S1 (left to right) is darn confusing!!!

Haha, was thinking the same thing! Just weird and confusing for sure to label it like that though.

So.... On the phantom 2, s2 initiated IOC and headless mode?? It doesn't do it anymore??

Aah. Thanks. Just always considered that s2. Hehehe. I know what does what. Even if labeled strangely. Also I'm not sure follow me works I tried it a couple times it only followed once. Other times it just set there.

ok more controller questions that I couldn't find in the manual. I was instructed through the app to connect a chord from my phone to the controller when I used the simulator -I'm sure Ive seen in videos on youtube that it should be connected when you fly also but I've had it not on with the copter on and the camera worked perfectly as well as the gimble. So my dumb questions...does it have to be connected always and if so how come I can't find that cable for sale anywhere. The one I have uses an adapter to connect the two cables and once when using the simulator my phone just went black and I had to reboot it. I have the new note 5 and do not want to hurt it in any way....thanks

Last edited:
Do you have p3 advance? That cord is connected instead of wifi.

With standard there is no cord to connect to remote and iPhone. It's all wifi.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl