P3 Standard latest firmware

I am having some of the same range problems suddenly. I've been flying the P3S for weeks and I have had no trouble getting a thousand feet of range, but in the last few days (which included firmware update 1.8.10), I have absolutely atrocious range, flying in exactly the same area. I can duplicate the problem just by hovering about 250 ft away, at 200 ft altitude, with very clear line of sight. I'll have 4 bars one instant and then two bars or even one tiny red bar a few seconds later, lots of Weak Signal messages. It jumps around, and if I point the RC away, it will disconnect with Signal Lost message and RTH. I don't see anything unusual with the WiFi Analyzer. Everything works great when I get within 50 feet. Everything solid as rock on the ground.

It could be a lot of things, and I'm not ready to blame it on the firmware just yet. More tests needed.

Today everything seems decent again. I ran a Litchi Waypoint mission and kept RC connectivity as expected throughout most of the mission, just as it has done in the past. Hmmm.... Maybe it was temporary interference after all.

Most companies charge you if you bought at a distance, it just is accepted practice. I can think of very few manufacturers and some retailers that offer free returns or reimbursement of postage. Shops on the other hand let you trot in to exchange or return goods, but you still used petrol or bus fare etc to get there.
That isn't what I am referring to. If you send your DJI product back to DJI for warranty because a DJI update messed up your Phantom, the stories I hear are that DJI will charge you (not covered under warranty) for the repairs which was their fault to begin with.

Today everything seems decent again. I ran a Litchi Waypoint mission and kept RC connectivity as expected throughout most of the mission, just as it has done in the past. Hmmm.... Maybe it was temporary interference after all.
I live out in the country in the forest and I too have seen the radio range can vary from day to day. Although most days it is exactly the same as it has been. I have two P3S and I have seen this happen with both of them. I never have flown them on the same day when that day the range is better or worse than normal for that day. I should though, because if one is better or worse, so should the other.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3