P3 pro functions only like advanced please help

Reaction score
Okay guys. Here's a hard one for you. Just bought a P3 Pro refurbished from the DJI website. It will only connect to Pilot app as and advanced model not professional. It flies great and all flight functions work perfectly however no option to switch to 4K. Spoke with DJI support and download the latest Pro firmware but the aircraft doesn't even start the firmware update process as if it doesn't recognize the pro bin file. Tried all PRO firmware versions available on DJI website all with same results. Doesn't give a success or fail result txt. I have done a lot of research on the physical differences between the pro and advanced camera and gimble. Physical appearance confirms that it is in fact the 4K camera. Even has little fan on top. However it functions as if it was the 2.7K. Is it possible that someone switched camera and internals and return or did DJI install the wrong bootloaders / software? If it is software related is there a way to flash the appropriate version to the camera. DJI is sending me a return shipping label and is replacing the aircraft. Just curious if there were any programs out there that are capable of flashing or modifying bootloaders on camera like you can do with Android phones. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am sending it back. However I did do a little playing around and out of suspicion tried P3 advanced firmware and it takes it without a problem. Anyone ever heard of this

Sent from my Nexus 6 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl