P3 pro compass error

Reaction score
Hi, I just replaced the shell of my p3 pro after a crash that required me to do so. Now I have a constant compass error problem. I checked the cable of the compass aswell as the plug where the compass clips into the circuit board. But there are no obvious loose connections or broken wires. I also used the old landing gear for the new shell so that I didn't have to cut the compass out of the glue, just to ensure I didn't damage it. How do I know if it is the compass that is broken or if it could be fixed by an update ? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You might degauss the compass and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work, they're fairly cheap and you can unplug it directly. So I'd swap it out and see what happens.

Did you have to remove the antennae from your landing gear? If so, did you make sure not to damage the compass wires? When I replaced my shell, I also used the new landing gear (even though the old one was just fine). So, I removed all the antennae and compas from the old landing gear and installed them on the new one. In my case, I also had to replace the main board. But it all went well. No problems.

Yes I did remove the antenas and I did go back to se if there is any damage but nothing looks wrong to me ... also I live in south africa, its a little harder to just get a replacement compass here

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak