P3 Pro buying guides

Reaction score
Hi to all community,

Im new here, my name is Raul, Im from citiy of Rijeka, Croatia, a small eurpean country on the adriatic sea (older members will remember Yugoslavia, which we were part of before the 1990ties war).

So, I was eager to buy a P3 4K vessel, but it looks I missed the last one in our local shops, and since its out of production, it looks it was not meant to be mine.
Since P3 Pro is too expensive for me, and I need a 4k camera (I plan to use it comercialy), I turned to used/second hand P3 Pros...
I found one for fair price, and I plan to go to check it in next few days, but before that, I wanted to be advised about known issues, or important details I should inspect upon checking the vessel.
I'm an absolute beginner in this area, and I have a lot of questions, but first things firs..
While reading posts on this forum, I noticed a big battery issues, so, is there any test to see what is the battery condition (except flying the vessel for 20+ mins).
So, any suggestion or direction I should follow, a check list or so, will be very appreciated!

Thank you, and I hope Ill soon have a reason to hang around here more!

best regards from sunny Rijeka

I noticed a big battery issues, so, is there any test to see what is the battery condition
You can view the battery cell levels in the DJI GO app. The levels should always be close when the batter is fully charged. Also, keep an eye out for any battery related messages that pop up in the DJI GO app as you're flying. If you see anything unusual, you should land as soon as possible.

Here are some other battery tips:
  • Charge the battery fully before using it each time.
  • A battery is about fully depleted usage-wise when it's at about 30% charged.
  • Make sure the battery is fully inserted (clicked into place) before taking off.
  • Watch the battery voltage as you're flying. See more details about that here.
  • Make sure you store the batteries at the proper storage level. See more details here.

I think best way to buy a used P3 is to ask the supplier to give you a demo. Inspect its stability of P3 during its flights and quality of pics/ videos. Not sure if this is possible in your case.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you msinger and alok,

is it possible that I go to testing with my own tablet with preinstalled dji app, even never before connected to any vessel, could it be doable? I read some "instructions" for installing app on the tablet/cell, and it looks that its not quite possible without the vessel itself?

Having a demo with zero experience I have it means not a lot to me, but it would be a step which will me present me as more experienced user :)

thank you very much, gents.

is it possible that I go to testing with my own tablet with preinstalled dji app, even never before connected to any vessel, could it be doable?
You will not be able to get into the DJI GO camera view until after you have connected to an aircraft.

You will not be able to get into the DJI GO camera view until after you have connected to an aircraft.

No, no, we missunderstood...

If I instal DJI GO on my tablet, and go to meet the seller, will I be able to connect to his aircraft, without further need of internet access, downloading, or any other complicated instalation process?

Thank you.

Raul, I don't think you will have an issue connecting your device to the used aircraft remote.

On a different note, I wanted to comment on a TV documentary I saw a few years back called "Land of the Falling Lakes" This documentary was about the Plitvice Lakes in Croatia. I was absolutely captivated by the beauty of the National Park and the travertine barriers created by the limestone in the water. I have added a visit to the park to my bucket list. If you have ever been to the park I consider you a very lucky man.

Reactions: Raul Jereb
Raul, I don't think you will have an issue connecting your device to the used aircraft remote.

On a different note, I wanted to comment on a TV documentary I saw a few years back called "Land of the Falling Lakes" This documentary was about the Plitvice Lakes in Croatia. I was absolutely captivated by the beauty of the National Park and the travertine barriers created by the limestone in the water. I have added a visit to the park to my bucket list. If you have ever been to the park I consider you a very lucky man.

Hi Cyberthingy,

indeed, Im a lucky man. Croatia is a wonderfull contry, and Plitvice Lakes are stunning thing to see, If you ever get an opportunity to visit, do it without any second thoughts. Acctually, I leave pretty near (well, Croatia is rather small country), some 2,5hrs driving, and Ive been there for at least dozen of times. Its a funny thing, the national park itself has a big problem now, becose of enormous amount of visitors and infrastructures that should be build for that amount of people, and they are facing now the fact of loosing "National park" title, becose of becoming too build up, if you get what I mean (my english stucks often when I try to put someting simple down :)
However, the lakes and the falls are going to stay untouched for a long period I hope. And if you ever plan to come, do it on late autumn, or early spring, its nicest then, even though, you cant miss the right moment, becose even during the badest weather, it looks amazing and special!

And finaly, thank you for the APP info!

Myst1cal, thank you for advice...

It was pretty intense last few days for me. I found a good bargain P3Pro (with harshell backpack included), and allmost bought it, and then a really greater offer occured, but it sliped me, becose of travel distance.. Now Im back to the first option, but just today, an add with P3 4k came up, which acctually was my first choice, but now I pulled myself to Pro, and I have a feeling of missing it if I get this 4k..... as you can see, a tremmor in the force around me :)
Ill keep you informed,

thank you all...

Hi again pilots.

I need your view of this situation. This scar allegedly was made with a propeler, after hitting the pilots leg.. Could it be that this accident caused more "unseen" damage, to the rotor/motor or so?
Thank you.

dmg1.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl