P3 Long Term Intelligent Battery Storage

Reaction score
Hello all,

My P3S crashed, and it will be at least 6 months before I have the time/money to make it fly again. My battery is intact though. Should I keep it in storage, or will it loose it's functionality?

I intend to either buy a whole new P3 and sell my good parts, or fix it. But I am worried that the battery will go "bad" after staying for so long in storage. (6 months)

I read all of DJI's tips for battery storage, but I am not sure it is intended to be kept away for so long.

The battery has been charged less than 20 times.

Thanks,

Caio

If you make sure your battery is under 20% and store it In a cool place, its ok

That's at odds with more common knowledge of storing LiPos at or a bit above 50%.

Storing lower runs the risk of self-discharge eventually dropping cell voltage below 3v risking damage.

I don't know about that video . Your battery will
That's at odds with more common knowledge of storing LiPos at or a bit above 50%.

Storing lower runs the risk of self-discharge eventually dropping cell voltage below 3v risking damage.
I'm with you on that . I would not store mine at 20% .They go to 50% by them self's at 10 days . That's where I would store mine .

Reactions: J Dot
I don't know about that video . Your battery will

I'm with you on that . I would not store mine at 20% .They go to 50% by them self's at 10 days . That's where I would store mine .

Guess I will charge it to 50% and check on it every other week then.

Guess I will charge it to 50% and check on it every other week then.
Do a search in my search Caio on battery storage and see what more say about it . I would not store mine at 20% though .

Reactions: J Dot
Caio Kallas, batteries should be stored between 30%-65% charged. Check out the DJI Battery Safety Guidelines for more details.

If your battery was above 65%, it will start to automatically discharge down to 65% after 10 days (the default setting in DJI GO). It'll take 2-3 days to complete that auto discharge process. Pressing the battery button will reset the 10-day period and/or cancel the discharge process. So, don't keep pressing the battery button every couple of days to check the battery :)

After your battery is at 65%, it should be fine to store as-is for about 2 months. After that point, press the battery button to check the current charge level. If the second light is not solid or blinking, hook your battery up to the charger and charge it until the 3rd light starts blinking. Then, keep repeating that process until you fly again.

Reactions: Kima kim and J Dot
Caio Kallas, batteries should be stored between 30%-65% charged. Check out the DJI Battery Safety Guidelines for more details.

If your battery was above 65%, it will start to automatically discharge down to 65% after 10 days (the default setting in DJI GO). It'll take 2-3 days to complete that auto discharge process. Pressing the battery button will reset the 10-day period and/or cancel the discharge process. So, don't keep pressing the battery button every couple of days to check the battery :)

After your battery is at 65%, it should be fine to store as-is for about 2 months. After that point, press the battery button to check the current charge level. If the second light is not solid or blinking, hook your battery up to the charger and charge it until the 3rd light starts blinking. Then, keep repeating that process until you fly again.

What if we intend for the battery to go on Hibernate mode?

I don't recommend you try letting your batteries enter hibernation mode. It apparently occurs if your batteries are stored for a long time and the charge drops below the recommended storage level. It would be better to regularly check your batteries and make sure the second light is always solid or blinking.

Reactions: Kima kim
Reactions: Kima kim

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga