P3 in Agriculture

I was reading another thread you posted in about streaming to Apple TV. Is there a way to mirror iPhone 5s to iPad2?
Not between devices. You can mirror your iphone 5s to an apple TV though for HDMI output. There's a circuit board with HDMI output as an upgrade DJI will release soon....if you want that.

totally RIDICULOUS a ma & pa old time farmer cannot expense it and use it!!!!!!!

Granted, my old farmer friend enjoys watching mine so much he really really wants one! His ag dealers in the area are starting to carry them for sales to these farmers even!!!!

I put a nice enclosed deerstand up on a property of ours that isn't easily accessible at times but with my P3 I'll be able to check it out easily.

Nice use! Just don't lower yourself to the point of USING IT DURING THE HUNTING SEASON.

speaking of deer stand. I wonder what the sound would do to deer nearby. Sounds like bees. I'd like to launch one during season to see where they are. Wonder how they would be spooked. I would imagine I could launch it a top of my deer stand and take off and land it right next too it.....as long as they are not close by, I should be ok. It's what I plan on using mine for.

SORRY THIS IS SICK. I ALWAYS KNEW THE DAY WOULD COME SOME SICKOS WOULD DECIDE TO USE DRONES TO KILL ANIMALS.

Are you aware there are online hunts to can join too? Might as well sign up for them too - kill the critter with a remote control gun from the comfort of your easy chair.

OK, kick me off this forum if you must. This is wrong and needs to be stated.

Reactions: Aliveman
SORRY THIS IS SICK. I ALWAYS KNEW THE DAY WOULD COME SOME SICKOS WOULD DECIDE TO USE DRONES TO KILL ANIMALS.

Are you aware there are online hunts to can join too? Might as well sign up for them too - kill the critter with a remote control gun from the comfort of your easy chair.

My rifle will do all the killin. The drone is just for fun. I'm talking ferral hogs here, not whitetail. Just because I'm in a deerstand, doesn't necesarily mean I'm hunting deer. I also shoot liberal democrats (just wound them). Where can I join one of those online hunting things?

Last edited:
3898690-9003209238-200.g.gif

Reactions: Apparition

Git a grip! LMAO

Would you rather them die of starvation due to population overgrowth?

totally RIDICULOUS a ma & pa old time farmer cannot expense it and use it!!!!!!!

Granted, my old farmer friend enjoys watching mine so much he really really wants one! His ag dealers in the area are starting to carry them for sales to these farmers even!!!!
I know several farmers with John Deere tractors. A drone is pennies compared to those things. And there is a ma and pa on the farm.

If it makes you feel better people are able to expense expensive night vision and thermal systems for farm use when they are used to eradicate hogs that destroy their property.

I have night vision and thermal scope. Many farmers do this. It really helps the plaque that is ferral hogs. And I do think you can expense them. A drone is very nice because you don't know where they are at any point in time. Flying over head narrows down the pursuit and then you can walk in at night and take care of things. Flir has developed the flirvue for this purpose. To keep track of cattle. To spot ferral hogs. It's an exciting time in this field. I won't be using it for deer. That takes out the sport, but I look at ferral hogs like I do rats. I have no mercy. One you have seen what they can do to a field, thousands of dollars can be lost because of their rooting.

Reactions: Apparition
Depending on what all you really are looking for for output and possibilities of doing mapping, etc. A Phantom isn't always the best choice, and most of the time, it's not.
It would be great for spot checking, overviews, things of that sort that you just want to manually fly over.
But, if you are wanting nvdi and other mapping options for crop health, getting an ag developed and focused device will serve you better.

It's like having 100 honey boo boo mama's tilling up the land.
Depending on what all you really are looking for for output and possibilities of doing mapping, etc. A Phantom isn't always the best choice, and most of the time, it's not.
It would be great for spot checking, overviews, things of that sort that you just want to manually fly over.
But, if you are wanting nvdi and other mapping options for crop health, getting an ag developed and focused device will serve you better.
Yeah and a good one is 25 grand.

Mississippi @Advexure. Do y'all have any p3 advanced in stock?

Just got back to your PM. Next batch of Advanced units arriving in is on Monday. Unfortunately that whole batch will fulfill pre-orders. We aren't expecting DJI to get a second batch of Advanced units out next week but we do have some availability in both of next week's Pro batches. PM us before and after placing your order so we can confirm that there are still some openings.

Thanks,
Travis

Just go and buy an Ipad 2 mini
Problem solved.
I use a Ipod Touch 6 with good results.
Screen is incredibly sharp and bright making up for its small size.

I also farm and use my Pro for scouting for weeds, looking for standing water and checking maturity. I use an iPad mini 2 and used both as expenses last year. But I do live in Canada, so that might be the differences for writing it off as a business expense.

I was reading another thread you posted in about streaming to Apple TV. Is there a way to mirror iPhone 5s to iPad2?
This sounds like a great idea. I don't currently use an Apple tablet but would think about converting if this is possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart