Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P3/I1 lag comparison

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by lawman0210, Dec 12, 2015.

1. lawman0210

I have a P3A and an I1. I have been using a ipad mini 4 to fly and always have lag with it. I thought it was the ipad mini but now I think it's the P3A as I tried a cellular and non cellular ipad mini and I get the stripes down the screen with the P3A but not with the I1. Is there a setting that the P3A is lacking over the I1?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2. bobmyers

are you talkin about zebra stripes (over exposure) or some other kind of strips?

3. lawman0210

Rolling lines in the video with video freeze

4. Noodle

If you can post a screen capturing video of that example, that will be good.

5. alokbhargava

P3A has lower bit rate for video transmission. You may see loss of frames or loss of sync sometimes. You can't do much, try to use a channel with minimum interference

6. shockwave199

For my air2, everything became rock solid perfect when I disabled video cache, changed from auto channel to custom and fly on channel 20 exclusively, dropped the bit rate down to the lowest [although it's said that the P3A can't do anything more than the lowest bit rate of 2mbs anyway] and I fly with windsurfers on all the time too. I always have hardware decode enabled. Flight after flight I get perfect video feed with what I would consider minimal latency and zero, I said zero glitching. I just don't how it could fly and handle any better than it does right now for me. If you haven't, try some of the above and see if it helps any.

Reed L likes this.
  7. lawman0210

Ty. I will try them next time out