P3 first video

Reaction score
I've had my P3 for 2 months and still learning (old guy 62) but making progress. This is my first video, and to be honest I don't even know how what camera settings do, so any comments good and what I can do better are welome.

Beautiful colours and contrast! How did you go about uploading this footage? I'm a newbie and it took me at least three flights to figure 4K footage was obviously on the memory card and not the DJI App (obvious when I come to think of it now but I was lost in the excitement of owning the P3). I only ask as you uploaded in 1080p - do you have a Pro? I think thats the only model of the P3 that shoots 4K. Video still looks great either way.

One thing, it's a very divided opinion so I believe but when I was researching before buying my P3, many many pilots advised taking off the rotor shields as they catch the wind and throw off a bit of stability (supposedly). I'm not sure how you thought the copter flew and of course its a personal preference, but it may be something to look into to keep a steadier and potentially more safe flight.

Another personal note, I haven't experimented much with camera settings myself, mostly all default, however I have of course adjusted the exposure with the wheel on the remote, that's a handy tip if you didn't already know about it, but it was one of the first things I came across so I assume you have too!

Good work and best wishes

Beautiful colours and contrast! How did you go about uploading this footage? I'm a newbie and it took me at least three flights to figure 4K footage was obviously on the memory card and not the DJI App (obvious when I come to think of it now but I was lost in the excitement of owning the P3). I only ask as you uploaded in 1080p - do you have a Pro? I think thats the only model of the P3 that shoots 4K. Video still looks great either way.

One thing, it's a very divided opinion so I believe but when I was researching before buying my P3, many many pilots advised taking off the rotor shields as they catch the wind and throw off a bit of stability (supposedly). I'm not sure how you thought the copter flew and of course its a personal preference, but it may be something to look into to keep a steadier and potentially more safe flight.

Another personal note, I haven't experimented much with camera settings myself, mostly all default, however I have of course adjusted the exposure with the wheel on the remote, that's a handy tip if you didn't already know about it, but it was one of the first things I came across so I assume you have too!

Good work and best wishes

RJ- Mine is whatever camera that comes on the P3 Standard. My video editor is Sony Movie Maker and makes me a way better photographer than reality. It also helped I was filming in the late afternoon. The video was uploaded to Youtube through the Sony Movie Maker software.

The rotor shields can/do affect the Catbird, but only minimally. Flying in familar territory I'd like to remove them but too much trouble just leave them on. I'm still learning to fly, and like the protection they offer (worked once) and consider any disadvantages worth it. Although not very high, I flew into a small tree and managed to escape, because of the shields

If I had it to do over I'd include a more inclusive, higher altitude shot of the island and area. At 2:03 the buildings in the background washed out, and I was unable to remedy it in post production. I only use about 40% of what the Sony Software can do, I guess I need to experiment with it more. I suspect the problem with that shot had to do with the Catbird in the shadows and the buildings in the bright sun? Thanks for the input.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT