P3 A range question

Reaction score
What kind of range might I expect from a P3A at altitude of 200' with minor obstruction (trees)?
Also at 400' altitude with no obstruction?
I'm asking because I have a P3S and was considering moving up to an Advanced however I'm routinely getting 6,500' foot range at 400' over water which is where I do most of my flying. I use Litchi.

My max flight long range was : 11,552ft (3.5km)
P3A (with copper antenna booster, 14$)
Perfect clear sky over open field, altitude 200ft

It depends how close the trees are to where you took off. If they are way out in the distance and you can get plenty of altitude above them, you will get excellent range. If the trees are right in front of you and you quickly loose line of sight to the Phantom, your range will suffer quickly.
I live with heavily wooded mountains all around me, but they are 1/2 a mile to a mile away. I can get plenty of altitude before I get to them. I get between 2 1/2 to 3 miles range staying 300-400 feet above the treeline.

My max flight long range was : 11,552ft (3.5km)
P3A (with copper antenna booster, 14$)
Perfect clear sky over open field, altitude 200ft
Thanks for the reply. I have one of the Cooper boosters but haven't given it a try lately.

It make a real difference but...

Understand that those "coper booster" can raise up when there is a "real" RC signal.
It CAN'T help when you passtrough trees or obsctacle.

It depends how close the trees are to where you took off. If they are way out in the distance and you can get plenty of altitude above them, you will get excellent range. If the trees are right in front of you and you quickly loose line of sight to the Phantom, your range will suffer quickly.
I live with heavily wooded mountains all around me, but they are 1/2 a mile to a mile away. I can get plenty of altitude before I get to them. I get between 2 1/2 to 3 miles range staying 300-400 feet above the treeline.
Thanks for the info. I have a cabin in VT with terrain probably similar to yours. Does best when I fly it down hill.

16,000 here too, P3A with windsurfer (CE Spec as in Europe). This was a one off test, and it would've gone further but for the battery and when needed, the smart RTH kicked-in.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl