P3 4K video signal

Reaction score
recently got the P3 4K, living in the UK.
Very time I fly if I notice the video siganal drops out, it seems to be only happening in the fist few minutes of the flight, which is odd. WIFi signal strength is good
This evening for example as soon as I took off the video dropped out, while I was within 30m and about 5 m high no vid on my iPhone, I brought the P3 back to me and the video started up again and then never dropped out for the rest of the 20 min flight even when 190m away 35m up.dispite still getting lots of "strong interference detected, RTH" messages.
I always ensure the antenna are 90deg to the drone
I turn off all other apps on the iPhone 5s and turn on Airplane mode

Any ideas why this should be

I had a similar issue. I went to other areas to fly and found out the spots I had those problems had metal underground or a lot things like utilities and trees and what not. Try different spots that are little free and clear (especially of metal any where) and see if that helps like it did for me. Didn't solve it, but definitely helped.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm trying to diagnose this as well. Usually the signal is just horrible from RC but my last time out I was close to water and interstate about 100-150yds from and my video signal dropped while only 30m up and straight above me. Was strange. I have iphone6+

And I know I can search this topic :cool:

Last edited:
1. Did you fly it around an area with many wifi hotspots? If yes, then you can either upgrade the antenna or find a place with less interference.
2. Do a video tx upgrade from 17dbm to 27 dbm. Find the thread, be careful not to brick the drone. I did mine and flown it in a mountain, got 1700m, lost remote signal but still got 100% video signal. stock antenna + windsurfer.

1. Did you fly it around an area with many wifi hotspots? If yes, then you can either upgrade the antenna or find a place with less interference.
2. Do a video tx upgrade from 17dbm to 27 dbm. Find the thread, be careful not to brick the drone. I did mine and flown it in a mountain, got 1700m, lost remote signal but still got 100% video signal. stock antenna + windsurfer.
When you said you did your did you mean you bricked it or did the upgrade work and you were then able to fly to 1700m was this on a P3 4K?

I'll look into these, but really wanted to resist modding vs just getting the Advanced or Professional once ready to upgrade. Was thinking this should be good enough for short distances. I haven't even gone a 1/2 mi from myself on the stated 3/4 mi range mainly because signal anything over 200yds from me has been horrible. I've flown in 2 spots now where WiFi shouldn't be an issue at all. I'll check out the TX upgrade, but mentioning bricking and upgrading just doesn't excite me.

When you said you did your did you mean you bricked it or did the upgrade work and you were then able to fly to 1700m was this on a P3 4K?
I succeeded upgrading to 27dbm hence I can fly it up to 1700m without losing video signal. I didn't brick it.

Have now dicovere that the lose of video signal is only in one place I fly, flying in other places there is no problem, yay! Am happy bunny now

Have now dicovere that the lose of video signal is only in one place I fly, flying in other places there is no problem, yay! Am happy bunny now
Thats great, basically another house wifi is the enemy to your signal. They used 2.4Ghz signal, the same for our VTx.

That's the odd thing though, the place I have a problem with is on a farm field in the middle of nowhere, not a house for miles, the only thing there is on old barn with a metal roof and a sewage works about 200m away. I never have a problem doing a compass calibration so I can't see that it's the metal roof causing the issue.

That's the odd thing though, the place I have a problem with is on a farm field in the middle of nowhere, not a house for miles, the only thing there is on old barn with a metal roof and a sewage works about 200m away. I never have a problem doing a compass calibration so I can't see that it's the metal roof causing the issue.
How far was the drone from the barn with the steel roof? I put my bird on top of my car and it just go haywire. It definitely disrupting the compass, even more so for bigger metal.

How far was the drone from the barn with the steel roof? I put my bird on top of my car and it just go haywire. It definitely disrupting the compass, even more so for bigger metal.

About 25m, what's also odd is that I only get the video drop out in the first couple of minutes, it then seems to lock in and be no problem even if I fly real close to the barn or even 200 m away from me, real odd. The annoying thing is that this location is my RC model club site and it's real quiet out ther, great for practice

this location is my RC model club site and it's real quiet out ther, great for practice

Or maybe someone at that location is also using the 2.4Ghz frequency. You said RC model club site and were there anyone playing any RC?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl