P2V+ wifi signal module on the Phantom bad??

Reaction score
All,

i cannot get my Wifi range extender to bind with the Phantom... I have followed the steps down to the "T"

when i get to the Vision app ---->Settings ----> Bind, it takes me to the bind menu to Scan Qr Code or enter the Mac address... Now this page is stuck loading and i cannot select the Scan Qr Code button coz its grayed out. I have removed the app and re-installed it on my android device and am still getting the same problem. WTF?? I am unable to do anything here. now here is my question... do the wifi modules on the bird go bad??? pls help!

Can you enter the mac address manually? If so, do that.

Those WiFi modules do fail. Hopefully yours is working and it's just not binding. Not too hard to replace yourself it you need to go that route. If you need to replace one they are about $185 or so.

1.Power on the camera and range extender. Note:(Place the camera power switch to the ’WIFION‘ position). WHERE IS THIS WIFION SWITCH ON THE CAMERA???

Below is step 5... this is the part where the vision app keeps loading once you press bind.... i am unable to enter the mac address maually nor can i Scan QR Code because those are greyed out.... Keeps loading on the screen.

"5.(Fig.1) Run the DJI VISION App->Settings->General->Binding. {STUCK HERE LOADING} (Fig.2)Select’Scan the QR Code’ to scan the camera QR code on the product packaging. (Fig.3) Get the camera SSID (E.g. FC200_0xxxxx) and the MAC address, select the tick on the top right corner. The range extendershould automatically restart. The binding procedure is now complete."

Mako79: Yesterday used the Wifi analyser I can see both the repeater and the signal from the phantom(mac address). I believe that the binding function on the WIFI extender is BAD. I need another extender that i can test (RE700) to rule out the WIFI MODULE on the BiRD.

phantomkiko05 said:
Mako79: Yesterday used the Wifi analyser I can see both the repeater and the signal from the phantom(mac address). I believe that the binding function on the WIFI extender is BAD. I need another extender that i can test (RE700) to rule out the WIFI MODULE on the BiRD.

Are you keying in the last 6 characters of the HIDDEN WIFI from the phantom and NOT from the RE700?
If you are seeing the extender in the wifi analyser then it means your extender is still working.
Even if the connection is bad, the telemetry should appear at minimum.

phantomkiko05 said:
All,

i cannot get my Wifi range extender to bind with the Phantom... I have followed the steps down to the "T"

when i get to the Vision app ---->Settings ----> Bind, it takes me to the bind menu to Scan Qr Code or enter the Mac address... Now this page is stuck loading and i cannot select the Scan Qr Code button coz its grayed out. I have removed the app and re-installed it on my android device and am still getting the same problem. WTF?? I am unable to do anything here. now here is my question... do the wifi modules on the bird go bad??? pls help!

Oh Boy, I see that I am not alone!! My P2V+ started out with no FPV video. Everything else worked PERFECTLY! All the telemetry, it would take Still Pic's & record video, just NO FPV... I tried everything to correct it & nothing worked. So the only thing I hadn't done was "Re-Bind the WIFI EXTENDER... Well after that fiasco nothing works now.. As I read in some of the comments in this Post/Topic I am having the EXACT SAME ISSUES! It would no t let me use the QR Code (would just get a message telling me to FO) However I was able to enter it manually, got the BLUE colored Check mark in the upper right corner of the screen & still NO BIND. I'm going to pop the cover off the top and do a heat measurement after its been on for about 3 minutes. If it's hotter than 90-95 degrees that the module is FUBAR! So thats what is happening in the AM I guess..After that It is headed to Mn to visit Hani!

Moose

Problem solved!

Went to a DJI Phantom Dealer in Los Angeles and Tested a new WIFI extender (brand New). Was able to Bind My phantom with that extender. Now looking to warranty the original wifi extender, only 3 months old. Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: Phantom Newbie

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl