P2V+ Wifi question

Reaction score
I am analysing a problem with my Wifi can someone tell me, if you disconnect the camera / Gimbal from the bird should you still be able to connect to the Phantom via Extender on Vision App? I get msg "Phantom connect broken" although I have supposedly bound the extender as it come up with the correct Mac Address etc when I press bind. Trying to identify if the Phantom Wifi is defective.
iPad see's and connects to the Extender wifi.

Do you have an android device
The reason I ask, is there is an app
( InSSIDer ) this app is capable of scanning HIDDEN wifi signals!
App cost $ though, iOS banned all such apps so don't bother looking.
But with the InSSIDer app, you simply turn on bird ONLY, open app,
Look for ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? )as it is DHI's unique signature, if you see a signal in app matching above code ( last 6 question marks being your Mac addy ) it's working, if not, wifi unit is defective! It will be a 2.4Ghz signal!
Cheap easy way to test!

J Dot

Keep us posted

I made a video about it!
Here

J Dot

I know I used a p2v non plus, but all works the same!

Hi thanks, have an Android purchased App and no 60:60:1f listed. So is that final, Wifi defective?

Oh and I have obviously just got a P2V+ which has crashed, bird fly's and replaced Camera ribbon. Get Red light on Gimbal and was trying to check Wifi as above

I am analysing a problem with my Wifi can someone tell me, if you disconnect the camera / Gimbal from the bird should you still be able to connect to the Phantom via Extender on Vision App? I get msg "Phantom connect broken" although I have supposedly bound the extender as it come up with the correct Mac Address etc when I press bind. Trying to identify if the Phantom Wifi is defective.
iPad see's and connects to the Extender wifi.
If you disconnect the 3 grey sets of cable, it will NOT power the onboard wifi module.
The 2 widest sets of cables act as a "bridge" to power up the wifi module. The 4 pin clip in is for the tilt/telemetry and confirmation of camera attached. If any of those cables are damaged, you will get a connection broken warning.

Thanks I'll reconnect the gimbal 3 grey and test again using the Android App as above.

Update Mako79, thanks reconnected the camera/gimbal with the three grey wires and bingo I have the Wifi 60:60:1f xxx now showing on the Android App. So this checks out the Wifi as working. Now to investigate why the camera is not seen.

Thai may be down to a bum new ribbon cable. I have another supposedly Dji cable just received.

Update Mako79, thanks reconnected the camera/gimbal with the three grey wires and bingo I have the Wifi 60:60:1f xxx now showing on the Android App. So this checks out the Wifi as working. Now to investigate why the camera is not seen.

Thai may be down to a bum new ribbon cable. I have another supposedly Dji cable just received.

Don't use "Thai" and "bum" in the same sentence :).
If you get telemetry and NO FPV, then check the cables again and make sure the clip in cable isn't damaged. If you had FPV before and it disappeared after a crash then its most likely that the cable needs replacing. If you had FPV and it was slowly degrading by giving you less range, then your wifi module is on its way it. This is known in the first generation of 3-axis Vision Pluses.

Thanks for info and sorry about typo !! Should have been "that "

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl