P2V+ V2 and V3....

Reaction score
Ok, so I ordered my original P2V+ through B&H Photo along with an awesome case, an extra battery, and extra props. When it got here, I noticed I was suffering the same pains that others were preaching about the GPS issues. I too noticed that I could barely get four satellites out in the wide open. After a little digging around I found that they had shipped me the V2. I thought... whoa! I don't want this and placed a call to customer service.

Not a problem, box it all back up and send it back. I did, and quickly. I kept the case, the battery, and the props but boxed up the P2V+ V2 and kicked it's butt back to the UPS building up the road that morning.

I found where the P2V+ V3 was only like $150 more WITH an extra battery! That was a no brainier, I'm upgrading from the V2 to the V3 for basically $25! (The battery alone is $129 or so!)

So it came in this morning. Couldn't get out of work soon enough. Run up to the UPS building and hugged my new box. Got it home, did an inventory, and put my one battery I had left over in it and fired everything up to make sure it all worked. Mind you, I am in the middle of my house, no props, just powered up and sitting on the kitchen counter. I played with the wheel on the V3's controller... AWESOME! Smooth moving up and down! I took a peek at the iPhone to see how many satellites I was getting. There was no need to squint anymore, it was lit up nice and blue and going between seven and eight! I have NEVER seen eight here when I was standing in an open field! This baby is bringing in eight INSIDE my house!

Needless to say, I'm in more love now then I was last week! Too bad it is dark and I had to go to a Christmas dinner or I'd be out 'testing' out the new toy.

I'll put it through a few ah hem... test flights ;) (That's what I'll tell the wife) tomorrow before it gets dark. I mean you have to test it before the warranty runs out right?!?

Anyway, I write this to say at least initially, I am already seeing vast improvements in performance just sitting in the house. Well worth the extra $25 I paid for the V3!

Why did you decide to 'keep' the battery?

Yes, I ordered an extra battery when I ordered my first quad.

Let me just say this, I just got home from work, and like a kid with a new toy, ran outside with the V3 and tooking it for a spin. As soon as I fired it up, boom! 8 GPS satellites. Not even a hickup. Got 10 aloft!

It was SO nice to put the drone in a spot and have it just sit there like it is supposed to!

The only issue I had was when I put it back on the ground, clicked the left stick down to put it in 'idle' and have it stop, for some reason it went a little nuts and some of the motors spun up causing it to dance on the props on the concrete!

I quick cut off and it stopped but not before chewing up a set of props!

So far so good though.

If I was you, I'd learn to hand catch. You will have zero issues with chewed props, or that 'little' hard landing that might knock a cable loose, or affect anything else.

I know that others on here hate hand catching, but that's their thing. I remember being up at the local running track with my P2V filming a little for my running club. I had buzzed around getting some action of the lads for our end of year review. There was a little audience that built up behind me to watch all the while, and when I came in to land it, I did a CSC and of course, she tipped over chewing the tips of two props. Boy, I felt like a **** with an audience when that happened.

Now I hand catch all the time - no contact issues and no embarrassment either.

One tip - always hand catch with the craft down wind of you. That way if a gust catches the craft it won't blow into you.

On the V3 (not sure if that is a recognised title) the remote with the wheel tilt makes any extra worth while. The tilt is smooth as silk with it. Super.

happydays said:
I did a CSC and of course, she tipped over chewing the tips of two props.
In most cases, doing a CSC seems to be the cause of this problem.

Always hold the left stick down to shut off the motors. I've been doing this since I purchased my Phantom and have never even had a near tip over.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl