Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2V Compliance Version Configuration?

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by AnselA, Jan 10, 2014.

1. AnselA

RC has a potentiometer to set either FCC or CE compliance. RC Assistant also has a compliance mode selection software buttons.

Selections:

potentiometer = CE AND software button = CE
    potentiometer = FCC AND software button = FCC

are probably valid setups, but if

potentiometer = FCC AND software button = CE
    potentiometer = CE AND software button = FCC

what's the result?

2. iDrone

Good question. Supposedly "pot trumps soft switch", but I've often wondered if it's a case of "who threw the switch last?" is the winner. The Power-ON beeps are the gospel, so 1-beep/CE, and 2-beeps/FCC.

iDrone

3. Super-D

I don't have mine hooked up right now but I want to say if there is a conflict in either it will default to FCC mode. If you hook up the transmitter and hover over the FCC or CE options it will tell you in the left panel.

David

4. AnselA

If pot trumps then soft switches are meaningless. Because my USB connector is inside of the box, I will not test this compliance matter before next firmware upgrade.

5. iDrone

I know it seems ridiculous, but if you think about it this saves the factory from having to differentiate & warehouse separate shipments (any PV can be shipped to any country - except China) and end-users in the US can set the compliance mode to FCC after unboxing. Now that Assistant is out (it wasn't at product launch) that pot can be repurposed in the future for some other "goody". I believe the other pot is already reserved for the Zenmuse.

iDrone