P2 satellite indicator

Reaction score
I understand that yellow flashing means locating sattelites and green flashing means sattelites found. Is it that black and white? There's not a separate indication for the number of satellites aquired?

I am actually wondering the same thing.....I didn't see where in the manual it tells you the total number of satellites, the lights just seem to indicate that it has enough or does not have enough for GPS flight. If you have more detailed info, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

GPS mode

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 9.58.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 9.58.56 AM.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 535
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate the information. Just to follow up on it, the red flashes follow a green flash signifying the battery percentage. Ex: Green flash -> Red flash -> Red flash -> Red flash = "GPS signal is worst (GPS satellite number <5)

Ksc said:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_2/en/PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.04_en.pdf

start at page 1 and read until page 27

did you look at that little thing hanging off of the TX?

yes I did but like I said that "little thing" hanging off the controller seemed very black and white for the indication of satellite reception. Following the firmware update, the GPS indication I was more so in consideration of is what you mention in your latest post. Thanks

I have wondered the same thing. If you haven't seen the red lights blink after the green-light GPS signal obtained lights, then you wonder if you're missing the signal that tells you how many sats you found.

Plus. The cheat thingy that comes attached to the Tx does NOT show this. So. Thanks for posting the screen shot.

Just an fyi the tag on my transmitter for the P2 does not show anything like what you posted KSC. It just mentions its Ready to fly in GPS mode when all green lights are on. Is that graphic you posted from the manual or do you have a different tag?

There are two different modes. Phantom mode and naza mode. The unit comes shipped in phantom mode. The lights mean different things in the two different modes. You guys need to flip through the manual.

Xokia said:
There are two different modes. Phantom mode and naza mode. The unit comes shipped in phantom mode. The lights mean different things in the two different modes. You guys need to flip through the manual.

exactly. read the manual or you'll be on here next week saying "my phantom flew away but it wasn't my fault."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl