Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

P2 satellite indicator

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Discussion' started by M4tiger12, Jan 8, 2014.

1. M4tiger12

I understand that yellow flashing means locating sattelites and green flashing means sattelites found. Is it that black and white? There's not a separate indication for the number of satellites aquired?

2. Ksc

Ksc

3. Jimmy Jim

The farkles? :p

4. CouesWhitetail

I am actually wondering the same thing.....I didn't see where in the manual it tells you the total number of satellites, the lights just seem to indicate that it has enough or does not have enough for GPS flight. If you have more detailed info, it would be appreciated. Thanks!

5. Ksc

Ksc

GPS mode

Attached Files:

6. M4tiger12

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate the information. Just to follow up on it, the red flashes follow a green flash signifying the battery percentage. Ex: Green flash -> Red flash -> Red flash -> Red flash = "GPS signal is worst (GPS satellite number <5)

7. M4tiger12

yes I did but like I said that "little thing" hanging off the controller seemed very black and white for the indication of satellite reception. Following the firmware update, the GPS indication I was more so in consideration of is what you mention in your latest post. Thanks

8. ghinson

I have wondered the same thing. If you haven't seen the red lights blink after the green-light GPS signal obtained lights, then you wonder if you're missing the signal that tells you how many sats you found.

Plus. The cheat thingy that comes attached to the Tx does NOT show this. So. Thanks for posting the screen shot.

9. FASTFJR

I sure would have been much easier if they just put in 6 small LED lights. Got 6 green….GO :lol:

10. CouesWhitetail

Just an fyi the tag on my transmitter for the P2 does not show anything like what you posted KSC. It just mentions its Ready to fly in GPS mode when all green lights are on. Is that graphic you posted from the manual or do you have a different tag?

11. Xokia

There are two different modes. Phantom mode and naza mode. The unit comes shipped in phantom mode. The lights mean different things in the two different modes. You guys need to flip through the manual.

12. Ksc

Ksc

exactly. read the manual or you'll be on here next week saying "my phantom flew away but it wasn't my fault."