P2 not responding to CSC

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have searched all over; hopefully someone can help.

I have a new unflown P2 with a Futaba T8J, and I cant get the motors started, ie they won't respond to the CSC.

All the firmware has been updated, the IMU calibration has been done and is fine, the compass calibration completes fine. I have 6+ GPS sats being found, I am not in range of any airport. It still can't get it to respond to the start command, and have run out of ideas..and suggestions..general will to live...remain sober..

I am using the Futaba TX which I had to re-programme as it hadn't been set it up correctly by the company i bought it from (paid for full assembly and flught test!), still have the original settings saved - new ones were created following a very good youtube vid. New controls are looking great in the assistant software, stick calibration brings the main sticks to 1000/-1000; I thought that might be the issue if they weren't registering the full range.

I am really stuck now and have searched all the forums I can read! please any input as I dont have the option to return it to the vendor.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated,

Al

I have calibrated the sticks and they are reading full 1000/-1000 in the assistant software when i do the CSC. This is the answer I have found through searching these forums for hours on end, but thanks, appreciated. Actually it was HPI guys videos that I followed to set it up...i'd buy that guy a beer!

I dont have the original controler, as i bought the package with the upgraded TX. I therefore cannot try.

I have contacted the vendor and am sending him a video of the stick movements. He has assured me that it was flight tested. I upgraded all the firmware when i recieved it so this is the only real change I have made since it was shipped.

Any other ideas guys? I cant really send it back As I live in Bali and the vendor is in Australia, so it would be a real pain to sent i to them and recieve it again. Postal system is not so great here..

ok, problem solved:

The elevator stick was reversed. sorted it with the help of th evondor and had a nice fly. soft landing in a rice paddy..but all is good :)

For anyones reference the problem was solved by checking:

1. Throttle stick – move up – slider should move right
2. Rudder stick – move right – slider should move right
3. Elevator stick – move up – slider should move right
4. Aileron stick – move right – slider should move right

thanks for all input

Al

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads