Overlay flight telemetry

Reaction score
This is not necessarily a question about the Phantom 4, but is it possible to have the flight telemetry overlaid on the recorded video, or is it possible to somehow get the flight telemetry so that I can overlay it in postproduction?

And I am NOT talking about just recording the video from the iPhone monitor during flight.

Thanks,

Yes. You'll need to first convert your flight log to CSV format using one of these converters. Then, you can load that CSV data into gauges and display them on top of your video. Most people are using DashWare to create those gauges. You can find more information about how DashWare works by searching for "DashWare".

Reactions: Techcop50
Yes. You'll need to first convert your flight log to CSV format using one of these converters. Then, you can load that CSV data into gauges and display them on top of your video. Most people are using DashWare to create those gauges. You can find more information about how DashWare works by searching for "DashWare".

Hi msinger....

Glad to see you again after a while ...
I have problem with Phantom4 flight data mapping to be used on dashware. I have tried several data profile to use with... (ie: DatCon v5, Datcon v3, Litchi v2, etc). But none of them can bring the data into dashware app as expected, even in fact i am able to preview the data via the Data Profile Editor menu inside dashware app.
I also tried to rename each column on the CSV to match the column names written inside profile XML file, but still no avail. Yes there were some columns seem to be correctly read by the gauge (ie: altitude), but i still unable to get most of the columns work as expected, especialy the longitude and latitude which is needed to form a mini map on the sync tab inside dashware app, there's still blank or sometimes only a single line which is not representing the real flight data.

I searched on google for the last few days wish to find Actual data profile specially made for Phantom4, but couldn't find one. I think there would be some change on the column names produced by the phantom4 flight data on every firmware update. And these are the column i get from Phantom4 with latest firmware (v02.00.0700).

So... can you help me with this?
Thank's in advance...

Tick# offsetTime IMU_ATTI(0):Longitude IMU_ATTI(0):Latitude IMU_ATTI(0):numSats IMU_ATTI(0):barometer:Raw IMU_ATTI(0):barometer:Smooth IMU_ATTI(0):accel:X IMU_ATTI(0):accel:Y IMU_ATTI(0):accel:Z IMU_ATTI(0):accel:Composite IMU_ATTI(0):gyro:X IMU_ATTI(0):gyro:Y IMU_ATTI(0):gyro:Z IMU_ATTI(0):gyro:Composite IMU_ATTI(0):mag:X IMU_ATTI(0):mag:Y IMU_ATTI(0):mag:Z IMU_ATTI(0):mag:Mod IMU_ATTI(0):velN IMU_ATTI(0):velE IMU_ATTI(0):velD IMU_ATTI(0):velComposite IMU_ATTI(0):velH IMU_ATTI(0):GPS-H IMU_ATTI(0):roll IMU_ATTI(0):pitch IMU_ATTI(0):yaw IMU_ATTI(0):yaw360 IMU_ATTI(0):totalGyro:Z IMU_ATTI(0):totalGyro:X IMU_ATTI(0):totalGyro:Y IMU_ATTI(0):magYaw IMU_ATTI(0):distanceHP IMU_ATTI(0):distanceTravelled IMU_ATTI(0):directionOfTravel[mag] IMU_ATTI(0):directionOfTravel[true] IMU_ATTI(0):temperature flightTime gpsHealth General:vpsHeight General:relativeHeight General:absoluteHeight GPS(0):Long GPS(0):Lat GPS(0):Date GPS(0):Time GPS:dateTimeStamp GPS(0):heightMSL GPS(0):hDOP GPS(0):pDOP GPS(0):sAcc GPS(0):numGPS GPS(0):numGLNAS GPS(0):numSV GPS(0):velN GPS(0):velE GPS(0):velD RC:Aileron RC:Elevator RC:Rudder RC:Throttle Controller:gpsLevel Controller:ctrl_level RC:failSafe RC:dataLost RC:appLost RC:sigStrength RC:connected HP:Longitude HP:Latitude HP:rthHeight Battery:status SMART_BATT:goHome% SMART_BATT:land% SMART_BATT:goHomeTime SMART_BATT:landTime OA:avoidObst OA:emergBrake OA:radiusLimit OA:airportLimit OA:groundForceLanding OA:horizNearBoundary OA:vertLowLimit OA:vertAirportLimit OA:roofLimit OA:hitGroundLimit OA:frontDistance Motor:Speed:RFront Motor:Speed:LFront Motor:Speed:LBack Motor:Speed:RBack Motor:EscTemp:RFront Motor:EscTemp:LFront Motor:EscTemp:LBack Motor:EscTemp:RBack Motor:pPMrecv:RFront Motor:pPMrecv:LFront Motor:pPMrecv:LBack Motor:pPMrecv:RBack Motor:pPMsend:RFront Motor:pPMsend:LFront Motor:pPMsend:LBack Motor:pPMsend:RBack Motor:V_out:RFront Motor:V_out:LFront Motor:V_out:LBack Motor:V_out:RBack Motor:Volts:RFront Motor:Volts:LFront Motor:Volts:LBack Motor:Volts:RBack Motor:Current:RFront Motor:Current:LFront Motor:Current:LBack Motor:Current:RBack Motor:Status:RFront Motor:Status:LFront Motor:Status:LBack Motor:Status:RBack Motor:thrustAngle AirComp:AirSpeedBody:X AirComp:AirSpeedBody:Y AirComp:Alti AirComp:WindSpeed AirComp:Wind:X AirComp:Wind:Y AirComp:MotorSpeed AirComp:VelLevel flyCState flycCommand flightAction nonGPSCause connectedToRC Battery:lowVoltage RC:ModeSwitch gpsUsed visionUsed IMUEX(0):err IMUEX(0):rtk_Longitude IMUEX(0):rtk_Latitude IMUEX(0):rtk_Alti MotorCtrl:pWM:RFront MotorCtrl:pWM:LFront MotorCtrl:pWM:LBack MotorCtrl:pWM:RBack BattInfo:Ad_v BattInfo:r_time BattInfo:AvgCurrent BattInfo:vol_t BattInfo:pack_ve BattInfo:Current BattInfo:RemainingCap BattInfo:Remaining% BattInfo:Temp BattInfo:right BattInfo:l_cell BattInfo:dyna_cnt BattInfo:FullCap BattInfo:eek:ut_ctl BattInfo:eek:ut_ctl_f AirCraftCondition:fsmState AirCraftCondition:nearGround AirCraftCondition:landState AirCraftCondition:UP_acc_t AirCraftCondition:UP_TF_t Attribute|Value ConvertDatV3 3.4.0

Data Viewer - DashWare.jpg
Profile XML - DashWare.jpg
SyncMap - DashWare.jpg

So... can you help me with this?
I'm not able to help you with this since I don't have a working DashWare profile. You should be able to get it working if you map the data correctly.

I'm not able to help you with this since I don't have a working DashWare profile. You should be able to get it working if you map the data correctly.

Thanks for your reply msinger....
Finnaly, i figured it out my self.... The problem is DatCon producing #ticktime from the Phantom4 Flight Data which i gues they're kind of very random, so DashWare can't take it into account as a sequence.... So i just replace it manualy with excel autosequence, and then everything works....
I made a new Profile for Phantom4 as well, but with very few columns which meet my need...
DatCon_Phantom4.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing