Out of box gimbal failure & left stick lock in decent

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm beginning to feel the pain I have seen posted regarding DJI's quality control. I just received my fly-a-way replacement from DJI direct. They did upgrade me to a P2V+ 3.0 so no complaint. However, upon setting up the quad on my desk to test everything I found that two things. First the controller (new style with corner camera tilt) locks into the decent position. Not sure if new feature, but kind of scary, I'm thinking defect. Second upon power up the gimble points camera nice and straight. As soon as I make the slightest adjustment to the camera it rotates and locks into 90 degrees. The corner rotate dial will let me rotate the camera back a full 90 to straight but as soon as I let go of the dial it goes right back to straight down.

I've searched for this and have found a few threads but no fixes. Again, thinking defective gimbal. Thoughts on both issues left stick and gimble.

update firmware on the controller via RC software on your PC, then calibrate the controller in RC software.
switch to phantom and start P2 software and do calibration of the controller again and then hit Start button to calibrate the tilt wheel.
finally check Upgraded controller instead of Basic in P2 software under Basic tab - RC

calibrate compass,
turn off and turn phantom on,
wait for homelock,
FLY!

and yes, it is normal that the throttle stick sticks all the way down on V3 controllers.
no worries, as long as barometer in NAZA is sensing movement you can pull it all the way
down and motors won't stop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl