Out in the middle of nowhere

... At 2.4ghz, anything like soil simply absorbs it and turns it into heat. If it were possible, we would all be having the problem.
You're saying 2.4 ghz will not bounce off the ground at all, regardless of the angle or the strength of the signal. I've never heard this before. Do you have a link or any form of reference to support this? Thanks

The interference warning refers to the downlink to the RC- ie the video & telemetry, not the control uplink. ...
How do you know this? How do you know the interference warning is not for the control signal and the info is simple sent to the RC via the downlink to the RC? Where are you getting this information? Thanks

You're saying 2.4 ghz will not bounce off the ground at all, regardless of the angle or the strength of the signal. I've never heard this before. Do you have a link or any form of reference to support this? Thanks

How do you know this? How do you know the interference warning is not for the control signal and the info is simple sent to the RC via the downlink to the RC? Where are you getting this information? Thanks
I am not saying that there is no reflection, but gypsum, for example, only reflects about 17% of a 2.4ghz signal at 60deg incidence, the rest passing through it and being absorbed. What is reflected is mostly diffuse with the backscatter being much stronger than the reflected signal in the direction away from the transmitter for any surface with a roughness bigger than about 15mm. This makes for a very weak signal compared to the direct signal. As I said before, if this were the real problem, we would all suffer from it.
I know that if I fly from near one of my wifi cameras and have forgotten to turn it off, I always get the interference warning. If I then turn it off [ or walk 30 m away] and fly far enough away, I can get a warning from the AC that the control signal is weak - a completely different message.

Yes, I agree with what you're saying - it "makes for a ...weak signal compared to the direct signal." That's why I noted several posts back that this may be a possibility "if he aimed incorrectly." We all would not suffer from it because we all would not aim incorrectly.

The interference in the OP is a puzzle we're trying to solve.

Okay, I am out in the middle of nowhere, about to laugh my P3A to inspect a roof - cell signal is WEAK - barely a bar - on my screen is "warning heavy wireless interference, fly with caution" - what the heck did that mean? Was my iPhone on my hip causing the warning message - never saw it pop up before, even when I am working in civilization?
Did the warning stay on, or repeat every few seconds?

It could easily be your phone, which is close the receiver in the RC - the transmitter output power is increased to allow it to reply to the cel site's polling when the signal is poor.
This did not occur to me before. This could explain why people out in the sticks have connection problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga