Other hobbies

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I fly scale WW2 planes and helicopters along with metal detecting for old coins and jewelry. What hobbies do you have beside quad copters? I found this ring today due to my p3p is in for crack repair.

I recycle old PC ram and cpu's .Haven't been doing anything this year but stockpiling stock but did this last year
5.20.JPG Sent it to a buddy in FL that just does it all the time and he remelted It my gild.jpg and had it checked
and was .978 pure . Gold was high at the time so I moved it through him . You can call it a hobby but I think it's cool to get it from stuff most trash .
New PC's don't have much in them no more though . Takes a lot but look at the shine :)
photo.JPG

I recycle old PC ram and cpu's .Haven't been doing anything this year but stockpiling stock but did this last year
View attachment 64634 Sent it to a buddy in FL that just does it all the time and he remelted It View attachment 64635 and had it checked
and was .978 pure . Gold was high at the time so I moved it through him . You can call it a hobby but I think it's cool to get it from stuff most trash .
New PC's don't have much in them no more though . Takes a lot but look at the shine :)
View attachment 64637
That's beautiful !

Reactions: dirkclod
That's beautiful !
Considering what it came from I thought so also and hated to get rid of it but gold was close to 2K
at the time so I did . Good thing too as it dropped about 1K right after that .
It's going back up right now and is at a little over 13 hundred right now .

I fly R/C planes, heli, and of course sUAS. I also love to camp and fly fish often. Latest hobby has been keeping Honey Bees :)

Reactions: Lifted Chevy
I fly R/C planes, heli, and of course sUAS. I also love to camp and fly fish often. Latest hobby has been keeping Honey Bees :)

So, they're YOUR bees that I keep blending with the props of my P3.

I wondered where they were coming from.....[emoji219][emoji219][emoji219][emoji219]. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: BigAl07
So, they're YOUR bees that I keep blending with the props of my P3.

I wondered where they were coming from.....[emoji219][emoji219][emoji219][emoji219]. [emoji12]

Yes and so do I LOL! Actually from what I've seen most of the time (at least for me) most of the "culprits" are either Carpenter (boring) Bees or Bumble Bees. Not sure why but they are literally drawn to the blades. The same goes for my helicopters as well. Like a moth to light only the light is spinning several thousand RPM.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
My wife tells me I need to 'get a grip' and stop with 'all the hobbies'...:confused: I do have a special place in my heart for punching paper with lead. ;)

I like how you put that. I have that same fascination as well. Lucky I live in an area where we can do this from our deck/backyard with no problems.

You're so lucky.. It must be nice to live in a 'free state'.. :) Maryland.... Not so much.... :mad:
More than words can describe my friend.

Many of my closest friends are LEO so we get together every few weeks and throw some lead down range. I get to shoot some pretty impressive machinery once in a while.

Reactions: RJ_Make
Hey guys thr gold recovey is awesome.I just dtarted melting aluminium for casting just for fun.I build a lot of electronics and programming too.Into gun own couple handguns but I am canadian so very limited hahah

Matt sent from note 3.

I like how you put that. I have that same fascination as well. Lucky I live in an area where we can do this from our deck/backyard with no problems.

Yep. Me too. Got 40 acres and my house is right in the middle of it all. If anybody comes down my road, they're either looking for me or they are lost. And if I don't see them first, the dogs will. And, they are very good at what they do.

My other hobbies are white water kayaking and clay pigeon shooting.

glad I'm not alone.

Seems that we are all the same and are hated by our other halves for our expensive hobbies. LOL

My other hobbies are white water kayaking and clay pigeon shooting.

glad I'm not alone.

Seems that we are all the same and are hated by our other halves for our expensive hobbies. LOL

Just have to remind them that there ARE more expensive hobbies out there. My other weakness is classic cars. If I hear any negative opinions on my Phantom hobby from her, I just tell her I'm thinking about going to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale this year and drop THOUSANDS on an old car.

Don't hear another peep. [emoji849]

My hobby used to be women. Then I met one I REALLY liked and married her 35 years ago. I still have her. Best decision I ever made but that was the end of THAT HOBBY! Other than my Phantom, I do a lot of photography, mostly stock, and some 3D modeling/artwork.

I love working on older cars. Currently rebuilding an engine for my '66 mustang

c57e1f74cf5891f86f42c136ebf2c160.jpg

2b9fa530746ca6b346cba0e71b7e135f.jpg

I'm a computer gamer, and I built my own gaming PC
23430008704a3d88dffa8b6b06732f9c.jpg

I also play basketball in a few rec leagues here and there

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: NoSpoon and BigAl07
Gosh, where do I start? Alphabetically!!
Archery/bowhunting
Carve a little wood, lathes too
Cooking, a guys gotta eat.
Draw, and paint some, artistically inclined
Leather crafts, tooling
Music, Listening to Frank Zappa, my Motif XF8
Photography, Phantom 3 Pro, and Nikon D800
RYde, a Can Am SpYder RS-S
Star watching, I love to watch the night sky with telescope or camera
Zappa, Did I mention Frank? Ha

Some entries were omitted, temporarily... Hehe

RedHotPoker

I do an annual Computer Controlled Christmas Light display. It takes about a week to set up. I built the controllers myself from kits and control them all wirelessly. The display includes my house and my neighbors house across the street. We have over 50,000 lights in the display! This is a link to a video shot with a Phantom 3 !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164