Other hobbies

Flying my drones and Metal Detecting :) I used to modify games and was recently involved in porting over the PC version of Medal of Honor to Unreal Engine (ongoing).

Found this lump of Silver yesterday ...

Vids of both in my link below :)

And vids of game stuff here ...
CobraSFX

Last edited:
260815d6d6565ddbad0dedbc99440e81.jpg

I like to get some air on my goldwing but that's being replaced with the t-top open on my 2000 firebird.
86a96ebd7488e5c44c5a9bbc49a67f26.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I recycle old PC ram and cpu's .Haven't been doing anything this year but stockpiling stock but did this last year
View attachment 64634 Sent it to a buddy in FL that just does it all the time and he remelted It View attachment 64635 and had it checked
and was .978 pure . Gold was high at the time so I moved it through him . You can call it a hobby but I think it's cool to get it from stuff most trash .
New PC's don't have much in them no more though . Takes a lot but look at the shine :)
View attachment 64637
I have been building up a stock pile for years now. I have a mig welder and made a forge. I made it for my dad so he could melt down bits to get the carbide off of them. When he got done, he gave me the forge back. A guy in NC. gives my dad top dollar for the carbide.
I have my gold dust, nuggets and lots of pc boards. I also have some banged up silver and gold rings from metal detecting. I’m not in a hurry. I’ll get to the point when I figure out the best way to do it. Right now, I have too many things going on.

I have been building up a stock pile for years now. I have a mig welder and made a forge. I made it for my dad so he could melt down bits to get the carbide off of them. When he got done, he gave me the forge back. A guy in NC. gives my dad top dollar for the carbide.
I have my gold dust, nuggets and lots of pc boards. I also have some banged up silver and gold rings from metal detecting. I’m not in a hurry. I’ll get to the point when I figure out the best way to do it. Right now, I have too many things going on.
Awsome extras,yes I did try this but done very wrong and got fools gold
Make sure ya do read up on it , easy to make a mess. ;)
Yes very easy was one pass time stripping old phones and computers to try make some,but knew nothing and ended up with fools gold ha,I was shatter, one day I try again,others hobbies include rc helicopters,nitro rc cars,here's a laugh,picture of fools gold,felt like a fool too
1521832293869276542915.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Looks like ya just threw the heat to what ya got there buddy :)
Yeh knew nothing ,got told gold pins and plugs in computers,stripped heaps threw it all together and got gas torch on it,now combination of brass and copper with probly no gold but kept it anyway for a laugh,was just one project while days of collecting the old scrap metal for a dollar, that told me I need a new Hobbie ;)yes I will keep until I learn more,other hobbies include fishing ,watching moto gp ,keeping me stuff working,stock cars, drag racing,and of course some cold beer

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirkclod
I was considering on whether I should list my hobbies or not.

Nature is my main hobby. It breaks down under that category. I’m an opportunist.
In Florida I was more into fishing, metal detecting and gardening with edible tropical plants.

In North Carolina I’m more into prospecting.

When I lived in Hilton Head, SC. Shrimping, gigging flounder,clams and salt water fishing.

In Texas I was into fossil hunting, off road with my Jeep and eating good Texas food. (That is a hobby isn’t it?)

In West Virginia in my younger years, it was dirt and street bikes, scout leader, edible and medical plants, backpacking, survival, caving, trout fishing, hunting and photography.
Now that I’m in early retirement due to health issues, I do lapidary. I collect rocks in my travels, cut and polish them. I metal detect, fly quads,photography, fish and shoot what ever gets into my garden. I have always played the violin and organ.

When I travel to any of the areas mentioned, I still do the things I did before. I also read, read and read. Right now, my wife thinks I’m studying to become a doctor. For the last 5 years, I get and study every medical book I can get. Lol

Let's see...

Definitely photography - have done it professionally, and as a seriously obsessed amateur...no more pro, so still seriously obsessed amateur...writing/storytelling...hiking/walking distance trails...traveling...and sailing. I'm an inconsistent wannabe chef...basically, a voyeur chef in that I'll avoid cooking if I can, but I love watching other people cook and/or prepare great food!

But the big one is sailing...ocean cruising and voyaging...my wife and I live aboard our sailboat...it is our home, except that now it's laid up for repairs courtesy of hurricane Irma...but all the hobbies can roll into that one alone.

Disc golf! It's like golf, but free (or at least very cheap). Also, drones and disc golf get me hiking around outside. I still have yet to film one of my local courses from above, but plan on trying that out soon. I think it'd be really cool to get a video from up and behind of someone throwing the disc, then follow it through the air.

Traveling. I recently visited Greece. This was my first time going to a country where I didn’t know even a lick of the language. We probably should’ve done more reading on basic phrases to be respectful to the culture (learn from our mistakes). I’m sure the Greeks got a kick out of my basic Italian-Spanish mash-up & Keith’s college French :D I also recommend Thessaloniki Airport Transfer. Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions for me &/or ideas for others planning to travel to Greece in the near future.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4