One Way Trip

I guess this could be possible with 2 op's with two separate RC's bound to the same aircraft. One to send out the phantom to the destination and the other to retrieve. Both op's would have to be in contact with each other in order to shut off first RC and the other to turn on before RTH is initialized. Otherwise, you might as well call it a kamikaze mission? Or a search and find mission. Why take the risk. There are plenty of videos with no return to home situations. They usually result in the loss or crash of the aircraft. Why waist your money?

Reactions: Susruth
I would think someone with an antenna amp has driven 5+ miles from home, possibly to a higher elevation, and flown it home and landed it in their yard. Then just go home. With RTH off of course. I suppose you could also start at home, set the home point, and then drive a few miles with the Phantom on and then fly it. Doesn't sound any more dangerous than some of the other videos I've seen. ;)

Mike

I guess this could be possible with 2 op's with two separate RC's bound to the same aircraft. One to send out the phantom to the destination and the other to retrieve. Both op's would have to be in contact with each other in order to shut off first RC and the other to turn on before RTH is initialized. Otherwise, you might as well call it a kamikaze mission? Or a search and find mission. Why take the risk. There are plenty of videos with no return to home situations. They usually result in the loss or crash of the aircraft. Why waist your money?

Two RCs can't be bound to one aircraft.

Anybody have a video flying the fulld distance without returning? Probably have someone receive it at a prefixed destination

Sent from my MI 5 using PhantomPilots mobile app

What do you want to achieve? If you have setup RTH it may or may not be able to reach you back.

Two RCs can't be bound to one aircraft.
Whoops! Your right, I was thinking about the walkera remotes. Setting the home point at destination seems to be the best bet.

What do you want to achieve? If you have setup RTH it may or may not be able to reach you back.

I think that's the point. I think what they are trying to achieve is the longest distance from controller.

So to the question. I think it could be done without killing your aircraft. Here is what you would need.

- boosted transmitter
- probably a battery modification
- I high point that would provide for a the optimum signal to the aircraft.
- a flat area with little to no rocks or hills.
- a very long (12 miles) open area that has low cut grass
- then you would have to turn off smart return to home
- set critical battery parameters to auto land.
- leave VPS on.

Fly out and let it autoland.

I think a guy in Scotland already did it. Successfully landed about 10 miles away.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You tube has a few videos of people doing this, flying 12-15 miles+ one way. One guy started of with the controller 12 miles away from the Phantom then had another guy with the Phantom, he armed it, took off and flew it to himself.

Last edited:
I think that's the point. I think what they are trying to achieve is the longest distance from controller.

So to the question. I think it could be done without killing your aircraft. Here is what you would need.

- boosted transmitter
- probably a battery modification
- I high point that would provide for a the optimum signal to the aircraft.
- a flat area with little to no rocks or hills.
- a very long (12 miles) open area that has low cut grass
- then you would have to turn off smart return to home
- set critical battery parameters to auto land.
- leave VPS on.

Fly out and let it autoland.

I think a guy in Scotland already did it. Successfully landed about 10 miles away.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
Awesome

Sent from my MI 5 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I've seen a 3 mile one way trip from home to work. It was easily done using Litchi. The guy took off, started the Litchi mission, got in his car and drove to work. When he got there, his Phantom arrived and hovered as instructed (don't remember if he or the Phantom arrived first). He landed manually.

Reactions: Susruth and HWCM

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT