Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

One black tipped motor not working

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by AL T, Sep 25, 2015.

1. AL T

Just had my first landing and I blew it. One of the black-tipped motors won't run. With the props off, I can get the aircraft to fire up on the other 3 motors. As they are running, I can turn the "broke" motor one click at a time and when I do the beeping sound that seems like it's coming from that arm, changes tone.

I have a P2vision + ver 3. 111 flights since Feb 2015.
    I would have hand caught it as I have on every other flight prior to this last one but it made a different sound and the aircraft started moving on it's own as though it needed an IMU calibration. I didn't think it was safe to hand catch. I got it on the ground and it tipped over into the black-tipped prop motor. This is when I noticed the motor not spinning. Motor toast?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Al

2. hunch

either motor, most likely ESC fried.
    cheap and easy replacement

3. AL T

Would you have the time to explain and tell me how. Reference to getting the board nd whatever is important. Thx hunch.

4. RoyVa

Most of the time the motors are very hardy. It's the motor controller most likely (ESC) that's beeping and has blown. Fairly cheep fix. Need a few soldering skills. Three motor leads, controller plug in, and the power connection that is two leads. You Tube has videos showing how to replace them.

#4 RoyVa, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  5. AL T

Talk about lucking out.. When I got it apart, I found the plug to the speed contoller was not making a firm connection. Fixed that and ALL is good. 3 flights this am after imu and compass cali. What a good day it is. 2 phantoms back in my fleet. I've ordered a esc and motor, now I'll have spares. Thanks for getting back. I hope your day goes as well as mine has started.