Old Castle in Germany

Reaction score
This was my first flight with the Phantom 2 and the H3-3D gimbal. The longer flight time against the FC40 flight time is really great.
The gimbal is also much better ;-)
And for all of you who are using a mobile device, here is the link to the video. **** Flash!
https://vimeo.com/99685951

[vimeo]99685951[/vimeo]

Re: Old Castle

very nice

Hello,

Im going to be studying in Germany (Heidelberg) for this coming year and read that you need some sort of license or permit to fly anything over 10,000 grams or something like that. Is that true? and if so how difficult is it to come by?

Thank you

Very nice video and camera tilts!! Are you using a futaba? Also can you share with us what gopro settings you are using on that film?

jrmiller said:
Hello,

Im going to be studying in Germany (Heidelberg) for this coming year and read that you need some sort of license or permit to fly anything over 10,000 grams or something like that. Is that true? and if so how difficult is it to come by?

Thank you

You need a liability insurance. The insurance covers damages to persons and objects.
When flying from an open field you are only allowed to operate a craft up to 5kg. If you want to fly from designated field you can go put to 125kg.
The insurance can be concluded online.

FRS said:
Very nice video and camera tilts!! Are you using a futaba? Also can you share with us what gopro settings you are using on that film?

I'm using the stock DJI radio with the little lever on the back.
My Gopro settings are: 1080p 60fps and Protune On

fight or flight,

Wide medium or narrow? Sorry to be a pest I just always feel like my settings could be better. All my shots still seem to look bad after post production. What was your final upload resolution?

FRS said:
fight or flight,

Wide medium or narrow? Sorry to be a pest I just always feel like my settings could be better. All my shots still seem to look bad after post production. What was your final upload resolution?

No problem :)
Medium FOV and I edited in Final Cut Pro X. I've uploaded it to vimeo in 1080p and 30 FPS

I am only using go pro studio right now because I'm still a rookie editor. Will final cut pro help clean up the video better than what I am currently doing? I just get so discouraged because I don't know what I am doing.. Knowledge is power, right? Guess I just need to keep on learning.

FRS said:
I am only using go pro studio right now because I'm still a rookie editor. Will final cut pro help clean up the video better than what I am currently doing? I just get so discouraged because I don't know what I am doing.. Knowledge is power, right? Guess I just need to keep on learning.

When shooting in Protune you definitely need to color correct you footage.
If you have a Mac you can also use iMovie. It's free and you can do more with it as with the gorpro software.

I am on a PC. and adobe is super hard to learn. I usually turn protune off in the cam settings because I don't have a clue what it is.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl