Oddball science or storytelling?

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ChsZUwqTeE

Me thinks this one rates real high in the categolry of, "You ain't gonna believe this...".
The claim is, this Russian dude flies at nearly 1,000 feet and speeds of 100mph to over 500mph.
On a platform maybe two feet squared and powered by four propellers made of little wood sticks?
Also claiming that he is in a "bubble" of antigravity.
Reminds me of Marty McFly and his hover board.

While that speaker guy looks like he stayed at a Holiday Inn last night something tells me he's full of it.
He's obviously full of something, and that shirt... :)

I call BS on this one. Runs on snake oil.

bsmeter.jpg

I think that meter is reading way to low.
The guy is having a hard time to keep from laughing.
Silently he thinks, these people are royal suckers.

Somewhere on the interstate a trucker was spotted going well over the speed limit.
"Hey Kenworth! How fast are you going?"
"KW."
"What the hell speed is that?"
"Dunno but that's where the speedometer is pointing."

OMG.... what total utter bollox (That's a UK expression btw)

I watched it, I listened to it ..... I lost count of the scientific inaccuracies at about 1 minute in but I loved the part where he says, "You do not age in space (at light speed) because there is no gravity in space - so you don't age"

Total idiotic baloney at its finest...

I think the sugar intake from the amount of donuts he eats seriously impedes his ability to have a grip on reality!

The Editor said:
"You do not age in space (at light speed) because there is no gravity in space - so you don't age"

Total idiotic baloney at its finest...

Weelllllll... it's not total idiotic baloney. Special Relatively says time stops at light speed. But the baloney part is that he's equating time with aging... when they are not at all related. The latest science suggests you actually age faster in space, since reduced gravity puts more stress on many of your bodies cells and systems. Go figure.

But, given that no machine on earth, organic or otherwise, has come anywhere close to travelling at lightspeed, it's all pretty meaningless.

I'm just wondering, if the scales on these little bugs have so much repulsive power... why do they keep hitting the windshield of my car?? ;)

Ahhhh..... but... in time measured (I know you can't actually measure time but you know what I mean) you actually age slower in space (assuming you are traveling).

The Apollo astronauts are actually around 13 seconds 'younger' than if they had stayed on Earth for the same period due to velocity time dilation (assuming reference point is Earth)

All fascinating stuff but I still think the big fat donut eating man talks a lot of twaddle (but with great authority)... :lol:

Oh yes.... He also mentions that the Russian lunatic uses higher and high magnification on his scanning electron microscope to look at these bug wings down to almost their molecular level. He then takes his tweezers !!!! :lol: ..... Are you kidding me? Tweezers under a high power electron microscope would be like trying to pick up a butterfly with a couple of buses!

The Editor said:
All fascinating stuff but I still think the big fat donut eating man talks a lot of twaddle (but with great authority)... :lol:

ROFL! Maybe 50% authority. It actually looks like, the other half of the time, he's laughing and thinking "are you folks really buying this?" ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl