Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Ocusync question

Discussion in 'Mavic Discussion' started by kmaluo, Sep 28, 2016.

1. kmaluo

How does the Mavic relay video, through WiFi or through Ocusync? If the transmitter is still connected 4 miles out, will we still be able to see video?

2. msinger

Approved Vendor

It transmits via OcuSync.

Yes. However, it would be possible for the OcuSync connection to drop and the remote controller connection to still be connected. At that point, you would no longer have video.

3. Alex Baxter

Couldn't help myself, I've just ordered one, there appear to be no downsides, and as I travel a lot, it'll take no room up in the car, also I have to starve and go thirsty when walking with my P3P in it's soft shell rucksack, now I can take litres of water and a pile of food with me. Roll on Christmas, hope to have it by then. :D

4. Hog-O-Naut

Hi,

From what I have managed to sieve out on the internet, the OcuSync can connect to two devices simultaneously. (Controller with SmartPhone and the new DJI GOGGLES) As I regularly stream video from a Phantom-4 HDMI module to a "BIG SCREEN" at events, could someone please tell me if there will be an OcuSync RX with HDMI output available for the MAVIC?

5. dinglehead

My guess us that accessory will be released with the Inspire2

6. Niky

Or maybe the new goggles will also have an HDMI input....? Would be fantastic to keep retro-compatibility with Phantom lineup....

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

7. Hog-O-Naut

I doubt that the goggles will have an HDMI input, maybe an HDMI output; but that will be an expensive option for a simple HDMI feed.