Ocean flight instrumented with Flytrex Core 2 + RaceRender

Reaction score
Really enjoying the combo of Flytrex + RaceRender! Flew what is now becoming my "standard" flight-- 1.3 miles out to oil rig Emmy off the coast of Huntington Beach. This is the first time I used Flytrex and RaceRender. RaceRender allows you to create custom graphs so I made plots of speed, altitude and range, plus temperature and a route displays. Best of all it's the only dashboard ware I could find for the Mac.

Highlights:
0:50 - Notice the other Phantom 2 flyer
6:31 - Arrive at oil rig
7:56 - Vmax 50 mph (ATTI mode, of course)
13:06 - "Don't touch!"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFbEXf1ss8E[/youtube]

Re: Ocean flight instrumented with Flytrex Core 2 + RaceRend

Dashware seems to have larger variety of gauges and they seem slightly more appealing visually.

But I do like the graphing capabilities of RaceRender. Seems especially helpful when strategizing about battery life on long flights.

Why don't you show some guts and land your Phantom on that oil platform helipad? ;)

I don't think the oil rig people will like that. In fact, I though it went a little too close to the oil rig. These days we gotta be careful so the media won't spin this against us.
Nice flight though!

MadMitch88 said:
Dashware seems to have larger variety of gauges and they seem slightly more appealing visually.

But I do like the graphing capabilities of RaceRender. Seems especially helpful when strategizing about battery life on long flights.

Why don't you show some guts and land your Phantom on that oil platform helipad? ;)

Lol, I'd have to strip my name and phone # off the P2 before I try that!

I agree that Dashware is more visually appealing but the lack of a Mac client is a showstopper for me. RaceRender has both Mac and PC versions.

macheung said:
I don't think the oil rig people will like that. In fact, I though it went a little too close to the oil rig. These days we gotta be careful so the media won't spin this against us.
Nice flight though!

I got close but I don't think I got *too* close. I tried not to be a nuisance and didn't stay long.

J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka