Occasional artifacts during video stream normal?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Still testing out my P4P, new to DJI's lightbridge, quick question:

Are video artifacts/stutter on the GO4 app normal during flight? They're not consistent and usually happens when I pan the bird quickly or during a rapid manoeuver-- it's like the video stream has a hard time keeping up sometimes.

I will upload a video if required...

Recorded video is fine, using a nexus 7 2013 tablet, tried both working bands.

Post edit:

Video sample:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Still testing out my P4P, new to DJI's lightbridge, quick question:

Are video artifacts/stutter on the GO4 app normal during flight? They're not consistent and usually happens when I pan the bird quickly or during a rapid manoeuver-- it's like the video stream has a hard time keeping up sometimes.

I will upload a video if required...

Recorded video is fine, using a nexus 7 2013 tablet, tried both working bands.
It may just be your older tablet giving you this trouble spirytus! msinger dude on here has a list of best tablets to use with Phantoms.

My phantom 4 pro plus controller does it. Screen tearing sometimes, as if the connection can't keep up with the information

Same here. My plus controller was doing it with 4K resolution more frequently once I hit record but video was smooth and uninterrupted on the card. Didn't have that problem much under 4K resolution

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's either momentary issues on the video downlink or your mobile device not quite keeping up sometimes (maybe due to some background process.) Rather common and nothing to worry about unless it is bad enough to be really intrusive. It won't affect video or images recorded on the aircraft SD card.

It may just be your older tablet giving you this trouble spirytus! msinger dude on here has a list of best tablets to use with Phantoms.

Nexus 7 2013 is supported both by DJI and phantomhelp site.

It's either momentary issues on the video downlink or your mobile device not quite keeping up sometimes (maybe due to some background process.) Rather common and nothing to worry about unless it is bad enough to be really intrusive. It won't affect video or images recorded on the aircraft SD card.

That's what I'm thinking, really don't have another DJI product I can compare it to hance my post on here. I uploaded a sample video on my original post, have a look. The occasion stutter /compression artifacts are distracting.

Anyway I can minimize this like lowering the bitrate and or resolution?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen