Obstacle avoidance inoperative

Reaction score
The last three flights I have made when I press RTH I get a warning that obstacle avoidance has been disabled, land with caution. Any ideas what has happened? This just started

It has to with the forward visioning system I believe. It usually comes up for me during lower light landings but as long as the GPS signal is strong I've never worried to much about it. That and I rarely auto land except to run tests on some of these functions.

76f8d283724c5435f09af0c624f3f49d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Have you disabled OA? Did you ever enable OA during RTH? (It's off by default). Have you disabled any of the VPS systems? Does the VPS show active top right or is it red?

As far as I know I haven't disabled any or the OA settings. How do you turn on or off the VPS? I find nothing in manual about it. Do you have a page number? Thanks

Don't know if there is a page number, but there are many settings. Are you sure you're not just seeing the notice that obstacle avoidance is disabled during auto landing? Can you take a screenshot of what you're seeing?

IMG_0121.jpg
That is exactly the message I am getting on my screen I am sending you my flight log showing it. I am appreciating your help.

Thank you f3honda4me. You sound quite knowledgeable. I am a newbie and have had phantom 4 for three weeks. I may call on you again sometime. You know the old saying "a friend in need is a pest"

Thanks
Dale

Reactions: F3honda4me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl