November 5th 2015, Got my New P3P and its old Motors and Build

Reaction score
This is my second P3P and thought I buy from highly reputable seller but I still got the old version. I am returning it. Where can I buy a new/upgraded P3P, In stock?

If you must have the new motors, you should call a DJI dealer and confirm before making your purchase. If needed, you can find a list of dealers here.

There's no evidence that there's any extra benefit from having shiny new-look motors.
They don't go faster/further or do anything any better.
They just look different and have a lower KV rating.

Agreed, I have the first version of everything and have I have no cracks, no issues with distance, no issues with any of the firmware updates, no issues with flight time. Basically I've never had an issue!
(Touches wood)

I disagree. DJI will not go for new motors just for the marketing strategy. I believe it's an attempt to resolve case cracking issues.

I disagree. DJI will not go for new motors just for the marketing strategy. I believe it's an attempt to resolve case cracking issues.

Or because they were cheaper to produce

Or because they are about to produce a new bird using them and don't want to manufacture 2 types

Or because they outsource motor production and have switched suppliers

Or because it may be quieter

Or because it lets them release some new marketing hype and generate new customers

Or because the R&D never ends so they discovered something new and integrated it into existing runs

At the end of the day there are 100's of reasons it may have been done. Posting your guess isn't helpful if you have zero evidence to back it up.

Or because they were cheaper to produce

Or because they are about to produce a new bird using them and don't want to manufacture 2 types

Or because they outsource motor production and have switched suppliers

Or because it may be quieter

Or because it lets them release some new marketing hype and generate new customers

Or because the R&D never ends so they discovered something new and integrated it into existing runs

At the end of the day there are 100's of reasons it may have been done. Posting your guess isn't helpful if you have zero evidence to back it up.
I'm an experienced designer with over 40 years of experience and know very well it's a poor design. I don't believe in guesses. I love my phantom 3 as it has great technology built into it but I know it has fundamental design issue.

Reactions: nickyb
I'm an experienced designer with over 40 years of experience and know very well it's a poor design. I don't believe in guesses. I love my phantom 3 as it has great technology built into it but I know it has fundamental design issue.
I agree with you on that point, it does have some design issues. Just because some others say not, does not mean the design and/or motors cannot be improved which hopefully they have been. The P3A/P is a fantastic piece of technology, better than other vendor solutions, that cannot be desputed.

This is a really knowledgeable forum without doubt, but what I don't like is when pilot's who spend what is a huge amount of money (to most of us) is that almost all complaints about cracking is 'shot down' by individuals who say 'there is no problem, be done with it, enjoy your bird!' Only here in the UK, at my aerospace company, friends have a few P3Ps, I know at least 4 have cracking issues for products that have been brought within the last 12 months (out of around 12 P3's), so you can see the percentage of failures, to me at least is very very high.

Having said that DJI do the warranty repairs, but to me it stinks of design failure from the outset.

Enjoy your P3!

You are right. Forum is to discuss the issues and come out with the possible solutions through healthy discussions. There are few on the forums who try to shut down the discussions, reasons best known to them. Usually it is pointed out that only few faced the problems so why do you bother. I say even if few have the issues we should discuss it and find out the root cause and help them resolve issues and enjoy.

Other disturbing fact to me is that DJI never submit their comment. Even if the issues are resolved through new releases, DJI will not mention as what was fixed specifically.

I agree with you on that point, it does have some design issues. Just because some others say not, does not mean the design and/or motors cannot be improved which hopefully they have been. The P3A/P is a fantastic piece of technology, better than other vendor solutions, that cannot be desputed.

This is a really knowledgeable forum without doubt, but what I don't like is when pilot's who spend what is a huge amount of money (to most of us) is that almost all complaints about cracking is 'shot down' by individuals who say 'there is no problem, be done with it, enjoy your bird!' Only here in the UK, at my aerospace company, friends have a few P3Ps, I know at least 4 have cracking issues for products that have been brought within the last 12 months (out of around 12 P3's), so you can see the percentage of failures, to me at least is very very high.

Having said that DJI do the warranty repairs, but to me it stinks of design failure from the outset.

Enjoy your P3!

To be honest that's the best "poll" I've seen. Unfortunately not big enough to be sure it will remain true when scaled up but it is worrying even at that scale (and the first post which may change my mind)

So you have a sample of 12 birds with no common link (they didn't all go voting on polls or searching for answer about cracking) and 4 have problems. If true that's worrying.

Buy from Jessops. New motors and shells.

This is my second P3P and thought I buy from highly reputable seller but I still got the old version. I am returning it. Where can I buy a new/upgraded P3P, In stock?

Please contact customer service at [email protected]. Include your B&H order number. FWIW, the only DJI Phantom 3 Pro we have is this one.

Reactions: mikeCtv and ___1___
Dear B&H, I returned my old version P3P yesterday and exchanged it for the new version P3P. The picture on the front of the box is different if you don't know what to look for you will never see it. Customer since 1991

Last edited:
Check out my post toward your response. B& H should send back all old version Phantoms 3's you might get allot of returns/complaints and credit card issues. I for one would not except a response to send a $1,300 quad copter back to the manufacturer and wait 2-3 weeks for a repaired unit. You are going to have a problem this holiday season be careful. I just looking out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl