Not going to register

Status
Not open for further replies.
My niece competed in several of the Special Olympics held at Park City, Utah. She never medaled, but it was thrilling for her, and at age 43, still among her favorite life stories to tell. She has Down's Syndrome and was often called a ****** growing up. She learned to deal with it.
We have a standing telephone date - she calls every Tuesday and I really look forward to her calls. She is able to hold her end of a conversation on various topics, has held a few jobs in her life, and is really a pretty amazing person. I feel really fortunate to have her in my family and in my life. I've learned a lot from knowing her, and I'm grateful for that.
Your niece is a champion and an inspiration.

That is probably one of the most uncalled for and offensive posts I've read in this forum. The fact that another poster actually "liked" the post is equally offensive.

Sorry if I offended anyone for my non PC joke. It was meant to shame those who are so quick to get into arguments on the internet. I did not invent the meme and it has been around since the 90s.

Sorry if I offended anyone for my non PC joke. It was meant to shame those who are so quick to get into arguments on the internet. I did not invent the meme and it has been around since the 90s.
Isn't it funny how when folks are face to face and not on the internet they tend to be very much PC? Insulting those who cant defend themselves (Special Olympics participants) is not non PC it is adolescent invective that is not needed in these forums IMHO.

In 1986 I was an Executive Staff Member with the Special Olympics in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I think anyone who makes fun of these gentle souls be forced to donate their time in helping them in local and state games, it will hopefully have a sobering effect that teach them humility. If that does not work, bring them to house and will see if my 8 foot black snake bull whip can teach them humility.

Isn't it funny how when folks are face to face and not on the internet they tend to be very much PC? Insulting those who cant defend themselves (Special Olympics participants) is not non PC it is adolescent invective that is not needed in these forums IMHO.

So what offended you. The fact that I used the term retarded? It was a medical term used for centuries . I still use the term without clarification of the actual ailment. And I would still use the term to discuss it with anyone.

Now if you want to discuss the actual premise of my post to point out that people on most mundane of boards on the internet want to argue because they have a personality that cannot be questioned I will call them retards in the pure definition of the word.

characterized by a slowness or limitation inintellectual understanding and awareness,emotional development, academic progress,etc.

Dead issue move one. Mod please close thread. My bad.

So what offended you. The fact that I used the term retarded? It was a medical term used for centuries . I still use the term without clarification of the actual ailment. And I would still use the term to discuss it with anyone.

Now if you want to discuss the actual premise of my post to point out that people on most mundane of boards on the internet want to argue because they have a personality that cannot be questioned I will call them retards in the pure definition of the word.

characterized by a slowness or limitation inintellectual understanding and awareness,emotional development, academic progress,etc.

I think we all know the real definition of the word "******" when applied to a human being. Your absolutely correct in that the word has been used for centuries when talking about human beings with Downs Syndrome, but nobody called it Downs Syndrome or Mentally Challenged back then, they called them RETARDS, just like many of us did back in the 60's and 70's because we did not know any better. Today we do, so we don't. If these boards are so MUNDANE then maybe you should just stay away from all boards because it would seem none of us are worthy of your lofty words. Yes, this has become a dead issue and needs no further posts from anyone.

I hope someday you can come to an understanding of the ways this word can be used to hurt and insult, disparage and slight, and why it is offensive to so many of us.

Reactions: Buckaye and Fplvert
people on most mundane of boards on the internet want to argue because they have a personality that cannot be questioned I will call them XXXXXX in the pure definition of the word.

Another ironic post....

People argue in forums. Get over it.

Forum Definition: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

If one has differing ideas it is called an argument. You seem to think that you are above the fray, and yet you are arguing FOR your statement even after you apologized for being non-PC.

Just because someone has a differing opinion doesn't mean they "have a personality that cannot be questioned" - It means they have a position and they may choose to defend it. (which is one of the points of a forum). Yes, sometimes people use sarcasm to make their point.

If you read my discussions, you will see that there are several times where I have admitted I was wrong, or saw the validity of another's opinion.

Like it or not - you made an argument and took a position with your statement. Don't now pretend that you don't argue on forums.

Last edited:
Dude apologized...why keep beating a dead horse?

I'm autistic, I'm not offended at that word. It seems that mostly "normal" people get upset like this.

Edit: My opinion/perception

Dude apologized...why keep beating a dead horse?

I'm autistic, I'm not offended at that word. Only "normal" people get upset like this.
His asinine defensiveness makes me want to beat that dead horse until it sinks in. I doubt it will.

Dude - my niece with Down's Syndrome gets upset when she hears the word. She deals with it, but it hurts her. That is enough for me.

Reactions: azisbest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor