Not getting distance as advertised!

Reaction score
I'm been taking my p3 pro out for flights and I'm not getting nowhere near the 3.1 miles dji says it's supposed to do any help out there.

Has to be line of sight with NO objects between the drone/controller. WIFI, electrical lines ect will reduce range. Very important to hold controller antennas completely vertical (90 degrees) to drone. And antennas must be parallel to each other.

I'm been taking my p3 pro out for flights and I'm not getting nowhere near the 3.1 miles dji says it's supposed to do any help out there.
What kind of range are you getting? When does the signal strength shown in the app start falling off? As with any manufacturers claim, measurements were made under controlled and usually ideal conditions that are rarely duplicated in real life (just look at automobile mileage estimates!).

Reactions: BenjaminD

BTW it is UP TO 3.1 miles
radio is a finicky thing and many factors can affect you range.

trees or buildings.
not enough altitude on quad to keep LOS
interference as mentioned..
antenna positioning..
etc.

good luck

Mine did 3.2 miles, right out of the box, over water with NOTHING around. It could have kept going, but the battery said to RTH.

However, in the city, by my house with lots and lots of wifi around, I get about a mile and that's with Alfa panels. I got about 4000 feet box stock.

Reactions: 805hd
I'm always getting 3 mile range but I mostly fly over water. Believe it or not I'm way more relaxed out there than anywhere else. Not to mention it does amazing video and pics . Little to no interference too

And the published spec was with the earlier, higher power transmitters in both the AC and RC. On paper, the reduced power would result in about a 20% drop in range. Wouldn't be surprised if the original spec was based purely on lab measurements and theoretical calculations.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl