Not getting 12 megapixels images

Shoot your images in RAW format...bear in mind, that many image viewers will only display a small image of your RAW file, it's not until you open it up in an editor, such as Photoshop, that you will see the full 12MP image.

For example, I use FastStone for previewing my images...the RAW files show in the viewer at 960x540 and 0.52MP...but when I open it in Photoshop, I see it as full size and resolution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris K
Your JPG picture is about 5 mb note the b from bixels not pixels. When you open it in Photoshop and look at the image size you will get 3000 x 4000 pixels, which makes?

My images are only about 5 megapixels, would like to get more megapixels. What settings?
You are getting jpg files that are about 5MB.
jpg is a compressed format and the size of yours = 4000 x 3000 pixels which is 12MB but the jpg compression makes the jpg files smaller.
So you are getting what you want already.

Your JPG picture is about 5 mb note the b from bixels not pixels. When you open it in Photoshop and look at the image size you will get 3000 x 4000 pixels, which makes?
The b is bytes, not bixels! The jpeg is a 5MB file...you still have your 12 megapixel image size.

I take pictures in 16:9 this gives 9 MB pixels picture as it crops the top and bottoms so its 4000 x 2250

The file size is variable due to content of picture but around 4MB size.

Reactions: Trackman1
I need some more bixels... do bixels have ridges ? and how many bixels fit in a bit bucket ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94