Not flying horizontal to ground

Reaction score
The photos from my P2V+ have recently started to lean to the left. The Gimbal seems fine - as far as any visual inspection goes.

Here's an example:

Uncorrected:

Corrected (1% clockwise rotation):

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions?

Attachments

• DJI00398 - uncorrected.jpg
    DJI00398 - uncorrected.jpg
    740.6 KB · Views: 504
  • DJI00398 - corrected - small.jpg
    DJI00398 - corrected - small.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 490
No I didn't. Usual camera view - no other changes. When I place the Phantom on a table top - the gimbal is perfectly square with the surface... seems like either an issue with the camera boom (hard to tell) or perhaps props?

May be more clear with the grid.

This didn't happen a few months back.

Is there any calibration for the camera/gimbal ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 18.02.00.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 18.02.00.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 369
There is no calibration through the assistant that will help. Is it possible the fish eye correction is causing the slight tilt? :D

This problem is caused by the tilt or x axis shaft spinning in the press fit. It gradually turns and the shaft need to be realigned with the potentiometer on the control board. It will continue to get worse until it fails. The proper fix is to place a bushing on the shaft making it a true press fit and using red loctite.

Its a design flaw that should have never happened. I have 3 coming to me with the same problem.

Can you actually see the quad slightly tilted in level hover? 1% would be very hard to detect. You can always check that the flight controller is still secure with double sided tape.

Jeremy James
https://www.facebook.com/USdronerepair

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing