NoOb with a flying hazard

BVC

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I thought I would join to learn more and be an active member of the community. My father bought two of these to use for work on cell sites and after messing around with his one, I knew I had to buy one. I plan to use mine for vacations (lots of oregon coast beach cabin rentals & camp trips) and maybe commercial work within the company I work for now if they bite.

I live in California where people are a bit - well it's California. I only fly my unit up and down public areas/streets and try to not "invade" over peoples homes. While I'm legal in my actions I don't wish to reflect a negative image so early in the days of UAVs.

And best of all, photos!

20150207_120223_zpsxtfvujqa.jpg

vlcsnap-2015-02-14-10h34m03s16_zpsb2xxr6o4.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-14-14h45m59s128_zpsukufstj2.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-03-18h17m27s38_zpsjycygpds.png

vlcsnap-2015-02-13-20h58m26s115_zpsueweooae.png

I try not to fly over highways or anywhere that if I did happen to crash might kill someone. Easier said than done I know. I try and stay in less populated areas. Neighborhoods are fine I think when it isnt a pedestrian area. Just use your noodle and you will be fine.

True that.

That last photo (near the highway) was actually for work getting an overhead aerial shot of one of our remote yards.

I often hang out around my neighborhood around the local intersection but if the bird does go down, everyone is stopped or doing less than 25mph. I could fly it half a mile away to a busy intersection/highyway where california speed limit is Posted + 15 lol

End of the day - yep, gotta use your head with these things and be respectful. Which is why I take this very seriously even tho everyone that see's it wants to peak through peoples windows or fly eye level with passing cars... go figure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl