No WiFi SSID showing

HI Yip rc lights are normal I think it something to do with your WiFi set up,,,,do you have a saved phantom on your device,eg phone,,"phantom3_xxx" 12341234 this is default password which needs to be saved in WiFi networks for phantom to connect :)if you been connected to this you should have it saved in WiFi, ,,,
Yeh control should go green ,,yellows lights it's waiting to connect through wifi
1492198356229-610013982.jpg

Sorry I missed this thread until now.

No matter what, With only the remote turned on you should see the WiFi from the remote with any mobile device including a laptop.

Linked, linking, Phantom on or off, registering, registered has nothing to to with remote and its WiFi signal being available.

Rod

@illyrock ,
Give us an update. ;)
Its your turn. :eek:

Rod

Sorry I missed this thread until now.

No matter what, With only the remote turned on you should see the WiFi from the remote with any mobile device including a laptop.

Linked, linking, Phantom on or off, registering, registered has nothing to to with remote and its WiFi signal being available.

Rod
Yip agree...he said it's been going once but now not connect,,,,just showing how to connect on his screengoing back to his first post he got no WiFi saved in settings and can't reconnect...for some reason

Last edited by a moderator:
As @RodPad says, the registering has nothing to do with this.
Out of the box, you should able to turn on the RC and your Android device should see the Phantom's WiFi network.
Here is what I noticed after the few first flights. If I open my Android device's WiFi setup first, and the turn the RC on, the Phantom's WiFi will never show up on my device. Can't say why.
But if I turn my RC on and wait 20 seconds, then open my device's WiFi settings, it will show up every time.

Its green
illyrock....need update ,,,:)just going back to the registration part,he wasn't sure he done first time activation through Internet when he had first flight

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of the box, you should able to turn on the RC and your Android device should see the Phantom's WiFi network.
Here is what I noticed after the few first flights. If I open my Android device's WiFi setup first, and the turn the RC on, the Phantom's WiFi will never show up on my device. Can't say why.
But if I turn my RC on and wait 20 seconds, then open my device's WiFi settings, it will show up every time.
Is that without the remote being on?

Sorry you guys, ive being filming, I missed your replies. I'm getting my last shots now then I'm gonna jump back to troubleshooting this thing. Sad I can't use it for this video

That still didn't work. I'm gonna try a manual firmware update, if that doesnt work, I'll take it hobby shop and let someone take a look at it. I haven't the slightest idea what's going on

That still didn't work. I'm gonna try a manual firmware update, if that doesnt work, I'll take it hobby shop and let someone take a look at it. I haven't the slightest idea what's going on
Yip OK something funny going on,,best of luck:)hope you get sorted

Is that without the remote being on?
Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
The RC I am referring to IS the remote.
(RC = Remote Control)

Last edited:
Have you dropped the controller? I had this issue and I just opened up the controller and found a connection had came undone so i popped it back in and closed up the remote and was good to go.

Have you dropped the controller? I had this issue and I just opened up the controller and found a connection had came undone so i popped it back in and closed up the remote and was good to go.
HI I not sure can't remember if he had minor crash or not...since new I think he's been having trouble from day 1,,,do sent say if rc dropped but good idea:):)

Welcome to the forum!

Dude this thread is 6 years old, I got a notice because I made some posts here.
I can't believe I have been here that long. :rolleyes:

Start a new thread, with the facts..

What is not working.
Did it ever work
What type of mobile device.
Which model of Phantom.

I had a P3S, well still have the parts.

Rod..

Reactions: rughead04

Welcome to the forum!

Dude this thread is 6 years old, I got a notice because I made some posts here.
I can't believe I have been here that long. :rolleyes:

Start a new thread, with the facts..

What is not working.
Did it ever work
What type of mobile device.
Which model of Phantom.

I had a P3S, well still have the parts.

Rod..
Ah ok, I figured I’d try the thread that already had the same issue to see if there was resolve

Reactions: RodPad
Ah ok, I figured I’d try the thread that already had the same issue to see if there was resolve
Yep, I will help a lot, well keep it active..

Rod..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing