No power to motors

Reaction score
F450, brand new, bought it already assembled (my mistake) just can't seem to find the time for both. But anyway, the NAZA works the receiver has power but NO power to the motors. Normally I would check the voltage on the solder pads but there is SO much protectant you can't get a voltmeter on it. And it seems odd there would be a bad solder on all four??? It had the E300 kit installed on it if that helps. Any reason there would be power to part but NONE of the motor?

How are you determining there's no power to the motors? Are they just failing to arm when you do the CSC procedure? Do you hear beeps when you first connect the battery?

Is your TX calibrated? Did you check each channel to make sure 1) it reaches both min and max endpoints when you move the sticks), and 2) none of your channels are inappropriately REVersed in Naza, which would change the corners of the CSC command?

Yes to all of the above. The Tx and Rx are talking to the NAZA. It does beep when powered up. The only reason I assumed the motors were not getting power is when you do the CSC nothing happens. Could it be a failsafe somewhere>

mrself58 said:
Yes to all of the above. The Tx and Rx are talking to the NAZA. It does beep when powered up. The only reason I assumed the motors were not getting power is when you do the CSC nothing happens. Could it be a failsafe somewhere>

Gotcha. Well if it beeps on startup the power chain to the motors is good, and the suggestions ElGuano gave are the ones I would have started with too. If all your stick inputs and calibrations are good, I don't know of anything else that would lock out motor start in a regular NAZA (P2 NAZA's have to deal with DJI's flight restriction zones around airports).

OI Photography said:
mrself58 said:

Gotcha. Well if it beeps on startup the power chain to the motors is good, and the suggestions ElGuano gave are the ones I would have started with too. If all your stick inputs and calibrations are good, I don't know of anything else that would lock out motor start in a regular NAZA (P2 NAZA's have to deal with DJI's flight restriction zones around airports).

Take your props off and try all the corner combinations you can think of (both top and bottom corners of each stick).

Also, it should not matter with E300 but see if your motor idle speed in Assistant is set all the way down, that might cause the motors to not spin on CSC.

What transmitter/receiver? Connect it to a PC and open the Naza software and see if one of your channels are reversed. I had this same issue when I built my 550 / Futaba system.

What does the motor test in Naza assistant produce?

OI Photography said:
It spins each motor individually for you for a brief second (when you click the button) so you can check direction of rotation.

I know ;-p I was wondering if the OP had tried it and if so, the results.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl