No internet when connected to phantom 3

Reaction score
This is very frustrating. I am using an S5 connected to my phantom 3 standard with wifi. My data is turned on but it will not download google maps. Although this is not a major problem as I can cache the maps. but how will I be able to update the firmware next time as it will not be able to check versions when connected to the drone?

Try reinstalling DJI GO.

Try this:

1) Turn on your remote controller, turn on your Phantom, and start DJI GO.
2) Wait until DJI GO shows your Phantom is ready to fly.
3) Turn off your Phantom and remote controller.
4) Restart DJI GO.

Do that maps show up in DJI GO at that point?

This is very frustrating. I am using an S5 connected to my phantom 3 standard with wifi.

I thought the Standard connected to the device via wifi (as mentioned above). No? If so, very few phones will run a wifi and data connection at the same time (almost none on the US).

Try this:

1) Turn on your remote controller, turn on your Phantom, and start DJI GO.
2) Wait until DJI GO shows your Phantom is ready to fly.
3) Turn off your Phantom and remote controller.
4) Restart DJI GO.

Do that maps show up in DJI GO at that point?

Of course doing that will give you the maps. After doing that once you restart dji go with the rc off it will access the maps on data as there is no wifi connection. Once i connect again to the phantom wifi i lose the data. Some of the map will stay as it is cached,.

Of course doing that will give you the maps. After doing that once you restart dji go with the rc off it will access the maps on data as there is no wifi connection.
Got it. I sometimes run into an issue on my devices where I cannot see maps in DJI GO when disconnected from my Phantom. Doing the above fixes this issue. Since you've confirmed that's not what's happening, then it seems tcope's explanation is most likely the case.

In that case how does the dji go app know when an update is required as it cannot connect to the internet to check. Also it use to work fine as it is designed to connect for constant map updates.

In that case how does the dji go app know when an update is required as it cannot connect to the internet to check.
It will only know there is an update if you connect your mobile device to the Internet.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl